Nat Fyfe

Remove this Banner Ad

You reckon Michael Jordan would consider himself the goat if he never overcame those Pistons and win 6 champiobships in a "team" sport?

You can't reach atop the mountain, you shouldn't be in the conversation for this almighty accolade.

Hes a phenomenal player, but a career incomplete without a premiership, he's in the Robert Harvey, Scott West, Lenny Hayes, Nathan Buckley tier. And seriously, that's fantastic company.

Just how Matthew Richardson sits below the, John Brown, Jarryd Roughead, Jack Riewoldt, Tom Hawkins, Barry Hall tier?

You reckon Michael Jordan would consider himself the goat if he never overcame those Pistons and win 6 champiobships in a "team" sport?

You can't reach atop the mountain, you shouldn't be in the conversation for this almighty accolade.

Hes a phenomenal player, but a career incomplete without a premiership, he's in the Robert Harvey, Scott West, Lenny Hayes, Nathan Buckley tier. And seriously, that's fantastic company.
Dont compare basketball and footy, it is not even remotely similar.

5 on a court per team vs 18.

a player can grab a rebound himself, go the length of the court himself and score himself. You can not do that in footy.

You rarely see NBA superstars on bottom 2 or 3 teams because 1 player can have a lot bigger impact in winning a game of basketball compared to footy.

Fyfe dragging Freo to the 2015 prelim was as impressive as any flag that Dusty, Ablett or Buddy had in much better teams

Just how Matthew Richardson sits below the, John Brown, Jarryd Roughead, Jack Riewoldt, Tom Hawkins, Barry Hall tier?
Yes.

Never saw Richo win a final off his own back, seen Jack bring us into the 2017 GF and outscore a whole team in the 2019 premiership.

Richo is a generational hero and cult figure, a phenomenal player but can't be in the conversation the same way Fyfe cant be.

Dont compare basketball and footy, it is not even remotely similar.

5 on a court per team vs 18.

a player can grab a rebound himself, go the length of the court himself and score himself. You can not do that in footy.

You rarely see NBA superstars on bottom 2 or 3 teams because 1 player can have a lot bigger impact in winning a game of basketball compared to footy.

Fyfe dragging Freo to the 2015 prelim was as impressive as any flag that Dusty, Ablett or Buddy had in much better teams
Why can't I compare one sport to another ?

I disagree with you, and you haven't done enough to change my opinion.

Fyfe only NOW has begun playing a team sport. Only NOW is he starting to realise he can't win the game alone.

He may be a part of a Fremantle premiership, but Fyfe always tried to carry a tesm off his back.

Jordan? Got the best out of everyone around him, trusted Paxton and Kerr to hit clutch shots, built a team around him , with players that all had roles.

Fyfe has always been about Fyfe, Longmire this year has been better for Fyfe than anyone else in his career.

Yes.

Never saw Richo win a final off his own back, seen Jack bring us into the 2017 GF and outscore a whole team in the 2019 premiership.

Richo is a generational hero and cult figure, a phenomenal player but can't be in the conversation the same way Fyfe cant be.

I completely disagree, but respect the consistency :thumbsu:

Why can't I compare one sport to another ?

I disagree with you, and you haven't done enough to change my opinion.

Fyfe only NOW has begun playing a team sport. Only NOW is he starting to realise he can't win the game alone.

He may be a part of a Fremantle premiership, but Fyfe always tried to carry a tesm off his back.

Jordan? Got the best out of everyone around him, trusted Paxton and Kerr to hit clutch shots, built a team around him , with players that all had roles.

Fyfe has always been about Fyfe, Longmire this year has been better for Fyfe than anyone else in his career.
Because they are not comparable. Individuals can carry an NBA team a lot further than in the AFL.

Ablett in his peak years, arguably the greatest player of all time could not even carry the Suns to finals.

That is just dumb, Fyfe has always been a team player but has had to carry a more significant load.

Give him an all star group around him and of course he can defer more.

Fyfe comfortably the best individual career of all current players for mine.

Firstly...hell no, the word "comfortably" should barely ever be used when comparing all time greats. Fyfe is a future hall of famer and superstar, but it's just flat out wrong to say he's had a better individual career than Ablett Jr. At the end of his career he may have claims, but not now.

Yeah, its great for Longmire that he gets a chance to see first hand all he's done for Fyfe when Sydney play Fremantle next weekend. (I wonder how you're going to go when Rutten and Ratten are coaching.)

Last edited:
I remember a thread about him vs Martin and I leaned toward Martin because of his big game output and him getting the most out of each disposal.

Having watched him tonight I think I have to sway towards Fyfe. It's scary how clean he was and physically dominant at a level i've rarely seen from a midfielder. Men against boys stuff.

Definitely one of the most dominant (doesn't mean best) players of all time.
how many goals did he kick again ? oh i forgot he carried them to victory last night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are you judging him on goals kicked?
goals n goal assists n where u get the majority of your disposlas = impact,damage,influence
Fyffe reminds me of Dusty n Cotchin of 2016....30 + a game in all the wrong places,they were both howled down by critics and
supporters alike for being next to useless and both told to reconfigure theyre game n attitude if they didnt want to both be remembered
as just accumulators,Dusty even polled 21 votes for the non impact drivel he dished up that year

Last edited:
At his best he is probably the most unstoppable player in the comp because of his marking ability. Doesn’t have the finishing ability of Martin but can take control of a game around the ground like nobody else.

You definitely won't hear any arguments from me regarding Fyfe being a better footballer than Kornes.

This is all a bit weird.

it’s all in fun my friend

Natty boy is a good player ...but he ain’t no James Hird ( as all and sundry was comparing him to in the early days)

goals n goal assists n where u get the majority of your disposlas = impact,damage,influence
Fyffe reminds me of Dusty n Cotchin of 2016....30 + a game in all the wrong places,they were both howled down by critics and
supporters alike for being next to useless and both told to reconfigure theyre game n attitude if they didnt want to both be remembered
as just accumulators,Dusty even polled 21 votes for the non impact drivel he dished up that year
Sorry but no i don't judge my midfielders off goals and assists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back