Nat Fyfe

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not Fyfeys vault you picked vanilla.

so was this a troll for “he only serves up vanilla?”

it will be fascinating to watch him in a finally developing team with a lot more even spread of talent to share the load. Hopefully he can stay fit and show his wares. A contested beast at his best, good pack mark, probably finishing in front of goal under pressure his only real question mark.

Reports from the Freo board is that he was at the park this week practicing his set shot in front of goal. Both Belly and JLo have said he’ll play forward more next year. Cerra, Serong, and Brayshaw are the midfield of the future for Freo. If Nat can improve his set shots he won’t win any more Midfield Medals, I mean Brownlows, but he’ll extend his career by a few years.

Should be just about right for when Freo is playing for a flag in 2023...or at least that’s what I tell myself at night to help me sleep.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

it will be fascinating to watch him in a finally developing team with a lot more even spread of talent to share the load. Hopefully he can stay fit and show his wares. A contested beast at his best, good pack mark, probably finishing in front of goal under pressure his only real question mark.

“good pack mark” - Probably one of the biggest understatements of the year.

no this story actually happened

You reckon Michael Jordan would consider himself the goat if he never overcame those Pistons and win 6 champiobships in a "team" sport?

You can't reach atop the mountain, you shouldn't be in the conversation for this almighty accolade.

Hes a phenomenal player, but a career incomplete without a premiership, he's in the Robert Harvey, Scott West, Lenny Hayes, Nathan Buckley tier. And seriously, that's fantastic company.
As far as Jordan is concerned....

Yeah he had to overcome those Pistions as they were really good in that 1988-1991 period. Michael Jordan got 60 odd points in a playoff game vs Larry Birds Boston Celtics in Boston garden too.

Those Pistons Knocked off Michael Jordans Bulls 3 years in a row from 1988-1990. In 1990, Pistons beat the Bulls 4-3 in the Eastern Conference finals.

In 1991, Bulls Beat the Pistons 4-0 in the eastern conference finals and beat the LA Lakers 4-1 to win the NBA title.

But as far as that 1991-93 bulls is concerned. It wasnt Michael Jordan that was the only Good Player in that side.

Horace grant, the power forward and Scottie Pippen the small forward, were both from the 1987 draft. So 1987-88 was their 1st season. So by 1990-91 both were 25-26 years old and in their prime.

Bill Cartwright, the starting centre, was the veteran of the side. Started at the Ney York knicks in 1979. Got traded to the bulls in 1988 for Charles Oakley. Will Perdue was a back up centre that was picked up in the 1988 draft.

John Paxson and BJ armtrong were Point guards. Paxon was from a trade in 1985, Armstrong was taken in the 1989 draft.

Michael Jordan retired the 1st time in 1993 Aged 30. Hell of an effort to get 3 championships by 30. No doubt part of the reason the bulls were good was Michael Jordans competitive will and Intensity.

So Jordan, Pippen, Grant, Cartwright, Perdue, Paxon, Armstong all got a 3 peat in 1991-3

Yes.

Never saw Richo win a final off his own back, seen Jack bring us into the 2017 GF and outscore a whole team in the 2019 premiership.

Richo is a generational hero and cult figure, a phenomenal player but can't be in the conversation the same way Fyfe cant be.
Thats true, Matthew Richardson never won a final off his own boot. And this isn't a knock in Matty Richardson either as looking at his goals and games tally shows you he is easily one of the best key forwards in the AFL era or in the last 30 years.

It wasn't his fault though as Richmond were sadly poorly run during his 16 year playing career.

I can also say the same thing to other 1990s Richmond stalwarts such as Matthew knights, Paul Broderick, Brendon Gale and Travis Gaspar.

As I said, Richmond finished 9th in 1994, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2006 and 2008. Turn all those 9th placed spots into 8th, Matthew Richardson would of had finals in 8 out Of 16 years rather than just 2

As I said, Richmond finished 9th in 1994, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2006 and 2008. Turn all those 9th placed spots into 8th, Matthew Richardson would of had finals in 8 out Of 16 years rather than just 2
He actually played finals only in 2001. Missed 1995 with injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back