Nat Fyfe

Remove this Banner Ad

Walters >>> Ballantyne.

Absolutely dreaming, I have fears Walters will never make it. Too slow, too small. I saw him vs. the dogs game and he was pointless, they just ran past him to every loose ball.

I really hope he comes good, but he will have to play like Peter Bell with his limitations.

Walters just needs to make sure he is moving all the time. Much like Bell. Cannot afford to be in a standing start for a ball against an opponent. The problem is that to be continually moving a player generally needs to be playing midfield, an issue for Walters because he needs alot of work on his endurance to get close to that role at AFL (not to mention no experience there at junior levels).

He simply does not have the pace to be a small forward (even HFF) as he will be taking a standing start to all contests with an opponent right by his side and he will get no separation which is a huge issue at his height & reach.

I'm sorry. I must have misread the post above mine by a Freo supporter introducing the topic of Walters pace (or lack thereof).

But anyway, attack the poster, not the post ... using obscenities.

Walters makes up for his lack of pace by using his body well, reading the play very well and having a great kick. It's not all about pace and I think he can play a high half forward role and set up a lot of scoring opportunities.

I also think he has the determination to make it in the AFL.

Walters makes up for his lack of pace by using his body well, reading the play very well and having a great kick. It's not all about pace and I think he can play a high half forward role and set up a lot of scoring opportunities.

I agree. I definitely think he can carve out an AFL career. He has learnt to overcome his lack of pace very well already. Its just a matter of him translating that to the AFL.

Agreed. Walters best assets are footy smarts and quick/clean hands. As an inside midfielder he could be first rate. Yes, he is slow, but if you're the guy at the bottom of packs it doesn't matter a la Hasleby. If you're a good enough footballer, you don't need to be lightning quick. There is a hell of a lot more to like about Walters than not.

Also LOL at the earlier comment about Fyfe taking chest marks. He has a fantastic set of hands and was one of the better OH marks taken in the draft.

I agree, he's a very clever footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of very good players are slower than an email reply from a local authority employee on a Friday.

There was this guy, he used to be the slowest guy around. I remember people used to tease him about it mercilessly, sometimes local kids even threw rocks at him and tried to mow him down with their car,. Well this guy was FAST!!!, so fast that he met the president 3 times, was part owner of apple industries and owned his own fleet of prawn boats and his best mate was Leutenant Dan, who had no legs and slept with prostitutes. This man was Forrest Gump:D

^He was probably still smarter than your average AFL footballer though.

Great WA prospect who will end up becoming a household name at freo. Interested to see what people think of him?

When do people think he will play?
What position/role will he play for Freo?
What number will he wear?
plus any other info

2012 - lack of fitness
hes a forward isnt he? so theyll play him in defence...
he likes to go to the circus because he likes the clowns.

There was this guy, he used to be the slowest guy around. I remember people used to tease him about it mercilessly, sometimes local kids even threw rocks at him and tried to mow him down with their car,. Well this guy was FAST!!!, so fast that he met the president 3 times, was part owner of apple industries and owned his own fleet of prawn boats and his best mate was Leutenant Dan, who had no legs and slept with prostitutes. This man was Forrest Gump:D

Gump was based on Haselby

seriously its time for bed now Jack and when you wake up in the morning you can go to your nice little Wet Toast site and toss yourself off with all the amazing young talent down there..........you clown

Remove this Banner Ad

Back