Nat Fyfe's kicking

Remove this Banner Ad

His kicking was never bad for someone who gets as much contested ball as he does. He'll soon be no. 1 in the comp on the Official AFL Player Ratings, back where he belongs; and the Player Ratings/Champion Data certainly punishes poor ball use.

His kick efficiency has improved this year but he's still rated in the average bracket.

This is accurate. He will most likely never be elite when it comes to kicking but we don't need him to be. He's kicks are generally under pressure in tight situations and if he's not kicking it he's getting it out to our better users (Walters, Hill, Mundy etc.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His kick efficiency has improved this year but he's still rated in the average bracket.
Yeah, his kicking has been better this season than it has been at times in the past, but it’s still not particularly great.

He’s still not a great kick

But 4 of the last 5 Brownlow medallist’s have been poor kicks

It’s not a non-negotiable skill

s**t if you look at the last 15 years I’d say we only have 1-2 elite users of the ball who won a Brownlow. Mitchell and Buckley are about it. The rest were mainly inside midfielders

**** if you look at the last 15 years I’d say we only have 1-2 elite users of the ball who won a Brownlow. Mitchell and Buckley are about it. The rest were mainly inside midfielders

Ablett goes ok - Judd was decent pre-injury

What it shows though is the best footballers are those that can take it from a contested situation and get it to advantage for their team

That’s what makes Fyfe/danger the absolute elites

Ablett goes ok - Judd was decent pre-injury

What it shows though is the best footballers are those that can take it from a contested situation and get it to advantage for their team

That’s what makes Fyfe/danger the absolute elites
Or it says... midfielders are judged on touches only not actual ability. Dangerfield being an average midfielder apart from 2 traits. Look at his breakaway tonight where he managed to hit a 20m lace out pass to a Sydney player.

Fyfe’s kicking hovers between average to sensational. It was sensational today up until the switch in the last quarter and the pass to Walters (although I think it was a smart move which paid off).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back