Nat Wars; The Beetrooter Strikes Back (An $80m production)

Remove this Banner Ad

If most of the voters in Nationals electorates were really much more socially liberal than the party, they would either vote for another candidate that better reflects their values, or the National Party would have moved in a more socially liberal direction by now.
Don’t forget the power of entrenched interests in some areas. Dirty tricks are the norm to nobble rivals.

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
So if people vote for the Nats because they don't want to be lectured to by elite City Slickers how do they swallow Joyce who's a private schoolboy from the City? Is it enough that he wears a hat and often gets drunk and makes a fool of himself?
The guy is so obviously in the pocket of the mining industry, a leach and a fraud.
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, the same way I do when I hear people say Morrison is a good bloke or just an ordinary bloke like them or some s**t. Its like how do you not see that this man is a sociopath?

Caesar

Ex-Huckleberry
Mar 3, 2005
Tombstone, AZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Joyce who's a private schoolboy from the City?
Huh? Joyce’s family are cattle farmers from Walbrook

Aside from a few years of boarding school in Sydney (which is pretty common for farming families) he’s spent all his life in rural or regional areas

Joyce is a lot of things but a city boy ain’t one of them

Last edited:

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Huh? Joyce’s family are cattle farmers from Walbrook

Aside from a few years of boarding school in Sydney (which is pretty common for farming families) he’s spent all his life in rural or regional areas

Joyce is a lot of things but a city boy ain’t one of them
My apologies, it was the private schooling in Sydney that made me think he was from there.

Nov 17, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
bogus.gif

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
My apologies, it was the private schooling in Sydney that made me think he was from there.
No, your point still stands. I went to an elite Sydney private school (as a day bug) and I can assure you, a few years of boarding there is enough to permanently damage your head.

Northalives

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PORT ADELAIDE
I don't buy it. If most of the voters in Nationals electorates were really much more socially liberal than the party, they would either vote for another candidate that better reflects their values, or the National Party would have moved in a more socially liberal direction by now. This is especially true of the people of New England. I don't believe for a second that there isn't anyone who can fight for the interests of that community properly while being more socially liberal than the Beetrooter. We've seen a couple of independents break through the Nationals domination but I'll believe it's a wide trend across the nation when I see it happen.
Brother, watch for a big vote for the Shooters and Fishers Party at the next Federal Election. This is one of the main reasons that the fruit box called the National Party got rid of McCormack, that is, hoping to avert the rumblings within their electorates that the National Party didn't represent them any longer and that plenty of the knuckdraggers, were going to vote for the Shooters and Fishers.

This raises a big question for the Liberals. If the fruit box they stand on to stand above the fence line and thereby being in Government, what happens if the fruit box is kicked away from under them? Will the Fishers and Shooters give 'em a leg up and then what will they be called - the Liberal Duck Hunters and Anglers Party?

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
Brother, watch for a big vote for the Shooters and Fishers Party at the next Federal Election. This is one of the main reasons that the fruit box called the National Party got rid of McCormack, that is, hoping to avert the rumblings within their electorates that the National Party didn't represent them any longer and that plenty of the knuckdraggers, were going to vote for the Shooters and Fishers.

This raises a big question for the Liberals. If the fruit box they stand on to stand above the fence line and thereby being in Government, what happens if the fruit box is kicked away from under them? Will the Fishers and Shooters give 'em a leg up and then what will they be called - the Liberal Duck Hunters and Anglers Party?
If you say “duck hunters” really fast it starts to sound strangely apt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An MP who wasn't much chop in the first place and now doesn't want to be in Parliament is urged to stay solely to prop up Joyce's position in the Party. If ever you needed proof that it's all about Barnaby.

Christopher Buttersnip

Beware of the Drop Bears
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
Chester is the last remaining decent, guileless polly in the National Party and the Beetrooter dumps him.

And to deceitful Moronison, this is an apology.

334Jxas.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back