AFL Player #30: Nate Caddy

Remove this Banner Ad

The reputed Curnow-like athleticism doesn't really come through in his highlights reels - by all accounts he runs and jumps really well and the combine seemed to validate this. Good agility result as well.I have no concerns re his height - good leap and good length....he'll play taller than 192 cm or whatever he is. Seems to have a big, natural frame that will fill out and carry weight easily.

I was hoping for Wilson (who I think will quickly be seen as having slid too far when season starts) but let's see what he can do. I can understand why they took him.

Don't think he's got quite as good an aerobic engine as Curnow, but still has a solid tank to go with the power.

Drafting a tall that has an AFL standard tank and doesn't need to gain 10kg or more to play at AFL level, who even are we?

Don't think he's got quite as good an aerobic engine as Curnow, but still has a solid tank to go with the power.

Drafting a tall that has an AFL standard tank and doesn't need to gain 10kg or more to play at AFL level, who even are we?
Yeah, he’s not a project.

For better or worse we’ll have a good feel for potential pretty early on.

The reputed Curnow-like athleticism doesn't really come through in his highlights reels - by all accounts he runs and jumps really well and the combine seemed to validate this. Good agility result as well.I have no concerns re his height - good leap and good length....he'll play taller than 192 cm or whatever he is. Seems to have a big, natural frame that will fill out and carry weight easily.

I was hoping for Wilson (who I think will quickly be seen as having slid too far when season starts) but let's see what he can do. I can understand why they took him.

Thinking he looks more like Mitch McGovern at Adelaide to me

Now it makes sense why Carlton supporters say he'll be going there in a few years.
Think it was cos he played VFL for them.

Harley Reid to Essendon in 2026 confirmed.

I don't know if I'm seeing things but he reminds me a lot of Oscar Allen in the way he plays.

At best I'm hoping, Charlie Curnow

At worst I'd like Stewart Carmeri

gopher dancing GIF
Does he have a nick?
Gopher works.

Like, Gopher it Nate!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO He's really Jeremy Cameron like. Lean with broad shoulders, runs/moves well laterally. Leads conventionally but stays up the ground gets involved in the play rather than reset religiously. Crumbs packs like him as well for the handball receive/snap.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back