Recommitted Nathan Broad [Re-signed until 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t begrudge him if he leaves for money picked up out of the wafl like Liam baker and Pickett

Solid and reliable defender gave toby Greene a bath in the grand final also did a job on Adelaide in his other grand final appearance

Doesn’t get a lot of the ball but most Richmond players don’t you have to get to a game to see the amount of unrewarded gut busting run he does to spread out the opposition players to allow houli or short to carve them up

You have to be a Richmond supporter or someone that watches the Tigers games to know how good and valuable Broad is, Rarely gets beaten and gives 100% every game and is not noticed due to Rance , Vlaustin , Astbury , Grimes all being higher profile than Broad but as a Richmond supporter i feel extremely comfortable watching him against his opponent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mr Reliable that never gets the media attention but always does his job , As a Richmond supporter we always feel safe when boobs is around the ball or with ball in hand and is always good for some pic's after a premiership

Clubs are circling according to afl website

this one will be dependant all on money and contract length i reckon

this is broads last pay day
You’d assume after this next contract it would just be one year deals or gone
GC will offer him a much better deal than we can.

If you get him GC you’re picking up s player that for his size (193cm) has elite speed/ endurance.
Not a big possession winner but very good in the air and below the knees.
Can play on talls, mediums and smalls and by all reports is one of the most popular players in the club.

Really hope we keep him but totally understand where he to leave he’ll never get another opportunity like this one- which I assume will be a minimum of 3 most likely taking him through to retirement

I would hate to see the Broadsword go.

Quick and athletic enough to play tall or small. Has some good scalps (eg. Hipwood in R23 + QF 2019). Tough as nails this guy, and has a good amount of nasty in him too which you really need if you want to win a flag.

I hope we can keep him but at 27 and with two flags under his belt I would understand if he wants a 3-5 year deal on better money elsewhere.

If her gets an offer that sets him up for his future i would be happy for him and the pick we get would depend on what GC have at the time thats around the 20-30 range. Richmond dont get in the way of player trying to get to their new clubs and usually facilitate the move with little fuss

He was a very good contributor in 2 flags and the last 5 years and his loyalty and efforts whilst getting pain on the lower end of our scale should not go un rewarded.

Richmond people Love Broad and would wish him well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back