Free Agency Nathan Brown [signed with St Kilda as a restricted free agent]

Remove this Banner Ad

:huh:
Quick outsideish player with good footskills - Biggest need on out list, IMO. Yep, he's old so perhaps the WHE pursuit also goes someway to this.
Medium forward who'll apply defensive pressure when we don't have the ball to stop it strolling out of F50 - Need ? check
Key defender who turns it over at will with diminished mobility. Not sure that's a need but weigh one up against the other.
An old, injury-prone midfielder getting paid $1.8m over 3 years in a side stacked with midfielders? Yep, great move
Forward who hasn't been able to kick goals for the past three seasons getting paid $2m over 4 years? Brilliant list management.
Getting rid of a KPD who is best 22 in the biggest hole of your list? Yes, smart move.

Collingwood will be getting scores of 100+ kicked against them regularly next year.

Who have we brought in that we don't really need?

Mayne and Wells are both excellent fits.

Nonetheless, unless we have another KPD lined up (Eric Mckenzie?), letting Brown go is just poor list management.
Mayne is a forward who doesn't kick goals and Wells is another midfielder you don't really need.

Brown is a truck... definitely turns & moves like one... good one on one but too slow and not mobile anymore... not a great loss...

Frost... well frustrating for Collingwood supporters (as a player i mean).. does something nice every now and then but stuffs up too much and gets caught dy dreaming!

Marsh... looked good to start.. has speed but no good one on one really... not sad to see him go either...

Doesn't leave us much but they must have a plan... like most have said, 1 or the WCE will likely arrive... Keefe will have to be straight into the #1 defensive spot and then Reid, Howe (who i prefer as a fwd though) and Goldsack (who I also prefer as a fwd) but with Mayne now recruited will definitely be a back....

Everyone forgets Langdon too...

An old, injury-prone midfielder getting paid $1.8m over 3 years in a side stacked with midfielders? Yep, great move
Forward who hasn't been able to kick goals for the past three seasons getting paid $2m over 4 years? Brilliant list management.
Getting rid of a KPD who is best 22 in the biggest hole of your list? Yes, smart move.

Collingwood will be getting scores of 100+ kicked against them regularly next year.
LOL nice try.
$500k p.a. for 2 years, 3rd year based on games played in 2018. Elite I50 kicking.
:huh: You think $500k x 2 = $500k x 4. Clever aren't you.
You rate Brown, I don't. Not disappointed to see him go. Many a state leaguer will do no worse a job.

You list manage like Terry Wallace. But you're known as a troll. Ignored. Clown.

We need Wells. Elite kick and gives us speed. Mayne is a pressure forward that tackles and locks the ball inside 50. we need that.
Broomhead, Phillips, Goodyear, Smith have all got pace. You've stacked your midfield, which is okay, but not at the neglect of everywhere else.

Mayne is a forward getting paid 500k a year, yet hasn't averaged over 1 goal/game for 3 years. It's okay getting that, but why not go for Nick Kommer who can play the exact same role for 300k less a year?

LOL nice try.
$500k p.a. for 2 years, 3rd year based on games played in 2018. Elite I50 kicking.
:huh: You think $500k x 2 = $500k x 4. Clever aren't you.
You rate Brown, I don't. Not disappointed to see him go. Many a state leaguer will do no worse a job.

You list manage like Terry Wallace. But you're known as a troll. Ignored. Clown.
So you go for an injury prone midfielder and s**t small forward and say that it's exactly what Collingwood needs? It's the opposite.

I list manage exactly like Wallace? Heh. Because I disagree with your opinion? Talk about weak-skinned.

Mayne is a forward who doesn't kick goals and Wells is another midfielder you don't really need.
Ok this is just plain ignorance. I actually thought you were interested in a half decent conversation for a second.

He's pretty s**t but he's a fair signing especially considering he's free. Certainly wasn't going to last much longer at Collingwood - best of luck.
TBH we probably/hopefully only need him to play seniors for us for one year (maybe not even that) until Goddard is ready to take over after he gets back to full fitness and form from having ruptured his achilles this year.

Hopefully he's got one good year left in him. A bit like Delaney when he first came to us and gave us one good year.

Broomhead, Phillips, Goodyear, Smith have all got pace. You've stacked your midfield, which is okay, but not at the neglect of everywhere else.

Mayne is a forward getting paid 500k a year, yet hasn't averaged over 1 goal/game for 3 years. It's okay getting that, but why not go for Nick Kommer who can play the exact same role for 300k less a year?
Goodyear was delisted because he wasn't good enough.
Broomhead is a small forward.
Smith is a winger but better small defender.
Mayne is not getting paid 500k a year.
Try again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Broomhead - will likely play half forward if we can keep him on the park
Goodyear - delisted. Was better inside with neat but limited hurt factor on his kicks
Smith - isn't slow, but doesn't have out and out pace and doesn't hurt the opposition with his kicking instead taking the safe option
Phillips - looked ok in his first year, but still finding his feet and position and like Smith is more that mid paced player

While we have a lot of midfield options we lack balance with most bigger inside mids. The only real quick outside players we have are Varcoe and Sinclair, so Wells provides a list need. Mayne I'm not as sold on; Greenwood could provide a similar option as a defensive forward, so I wonder if we're planning on using Mayne as an undersized KPF.

Unless we bring another KPD in it's a mistake letting Brown and Frost leave in the same offseason.

Ok this is just plain ignorance. I actually thought you were interested in a half decent conversation for a second.
I am. Collingwood's list is extremely unbalanced, there are 3 legitimate KPP's under 25 with Witts, Marsh and Frost all likely to be traded, Wyatt (likely delistee), Moore and Grundy (who are both guns). The midfield is stacked, which is okay sometimes.
He isn't wrong though?
Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.
Goodyear was delisted because he wasn't good enough.
Broomhead is a small forward.
Smith is a winger but better small defender.
Mayne is not getting paid 500k a year.
Try again?
Broomhead is absolutely a midfielder, just poorly coached.
Didn't realise Goodyear was delisted, a bit unlucky IMO.
Smith should be playing wing
Yes, he is. At least that's what's been widely reported.
Broomhead - will likely play half forward if we can keep him on the park
Goodyear - delisted. Was better inside with neat but limited hurt factor on his kicks
Smith - isn't slow, but doesn't have out and out pace and doesn't hurt the opposition with his kicking instead taking the safe option
Phillips - looked ok in his first year, but still finding his feet and position and like Smith is more that mid paced player

While we have a lot of midfield options we lack balance with most bigger inside mids. The only real quick outside players we have are Varcoe and Sinclair, so Wells provides a list need. Mayne I'm not as sold on; Greenwood could provide a similar option as a defensive forward, so I wonder if we're planning on using Mayne as an undersized KPF.

Unless we bring another KPD in it's a mistake letting Brown and Frost leave in the same offseason.
Your list is in disrepair. You need to stop targeting trade period and hit the drafts for KPP's hard.

I am. Collingwood's list is extremely unbalanced, there are 3 legitimate KPP's under 25 with Witts, Marsh and Frost all likely to be traded, Wyatt (likely delistee), Moore and Grundy (who are both guns). The midfield is stacked, which is okay sometimes.

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Broomhead is absolutely a midfielder, just poorly coached.
Didn't realise Goodyear was delisted, a bit unlucky IMO.
Smith should be playing wing
Yes, he is. At least that's what's been widely reported.

Your list is in disrepair. You need to stop targeting trade period and hit the drafts for KPP's hard.
Mayne is not getting paid 500k. For the last F*cking time. I'll trust Gubby Allen to fix the list thanks.

Mayne is not getting paid 500k. For the last F*cking time. I'll trust Gubby Allen to fix the list thanks.
He is. Why else would Freo get pick 23 in compensation?
Lol "twitter".

All of them said Wells would be on 600k a year and turns out to be 500k.
Wells is on 600k a year, the AFL website itself says he is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back