Free Agency Nathan Brown [signed with St Kilda as a restricted free agent]

Remove this Banner Ad

Broomhead, Phillips, Goodyear, Smith have all got pace. You've stacked your midfield, which is okay, but not at the neglect of everywhere else.

Mayne is a forward getting paid 500k a year, yet hasn't averaged over 1 goal/game for 3 years. It's okay getting that, but why not go for Nick Kommer who can play the exact same role for 300k less a year?

Kommer is lucky to be even on a list. Yeah he can perform the same role but nowhere near as good. Why skimp on a role you think is important when you have cap space? You may as well spend the extra cash to get someone who can actually play. Mayne is solidly best 22 at most clubs. Plus their other forwards (Moore, White, Cox, Elliott, Fasolo) aren't known for fantastic defensive abilities.

And yeah Wells is there for 2 years, option of a third I thought, at which stage Broomhead, Phillips and Smith should be able to perform to the same standard. None are as quick, skilled or experienced (obviously) as Wells is.

Grow up mate.
You're telling me to grow up? I'm not the one chucking a hissy fit, kid. You have no evidence to support your arguments yet you insist that I'm wrong and bitch and moan when I don't fall in line with your opinion.

You're telling me to grow up? I'm not the one chucking a hissy fit, kid. You have no evidence to support your arguments yet you insist that I'm wrong and bitch and moan when I don't fall in line with your opinion.
Just sounds like you chucked a hissy fit.
Mark Stevens reported 500k a season
Jay Clark reported 500k a season.

I know he's on 500k and I don't need your opinion. get over it.

Kommer is lucky to be even on a list. Yeah he can perform the same role but nowhere near as good. Why skimp on a role you think is important when you have cap space? You may as well spend the extra cash to get someone who can actually play. Mayne is solidly best 22 at most clubs. Plus their other forwards (Moore, White, Cox, Elliott, Fasolo) aren't known for fantastic defensive abilities.

And yeah Wells is there for 2 years, option of a third I thought, at which stage Broomhead, Phillips and Smith should be able to perform to the same standard. None are as quick, skilled or experienced (obviously) as Wells is.
He will be delisted I believe, but Mayne has spudded it up for a long time. Essendon have one of the worst forward lines in the league and he wouldn't get a game with us ahead of Laverde, Langford, Walla, Fantasia.

I think he's another midfielder that they don't need.

Just sounds like you chucked a hissy fit.
Mark Stevens reported 500k a season
Jay Clark reported 500k a season.

I know he's on 500k and I don't need your opinion. get over it.
Explaining things to you is a hissy fit now? Heh.

Mark Stevens and Jay Clark are your sources? That's enough for me to disregard that you "know" he's on 500k. They're two of the three least reliable reporters in the AFL industry along with Barrett. Continue to bitch and moan kid :thumbsu:

I am. Collingwood's list is extremely unbalanced, there are 3 legitimate KPP's under 25 with Witts, Marsh and Frost all likely to be traded, Wyatt (likely delistee), Moore and Grundy (who are both guns). The midfield is stacked, which is okay sometimes.

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Broomhead is absolutely a midfielder, just poorly coached.
Didn't realise Goodyear was delisted, a bit unlucky IMO.
Smith should be playing wing
Yes, he is. At least that's what's been widely reported.

Your list is in disrepair. You need to stop targeting trade period and hit the drafts for KPP's hard.
Trade period isn't necessarily the issue, but I do agree we need to target KPP players either by poaching them or drafting them. Another young star KPF to go alongside Moore and 2 young athletic KPD (one to replace Brown, one to replace Reid in a couple of years) are needed additions. Defence is the bigger issue as I think we can get by in the short term with our small/medium forwards as Fasolo and Elliott are aerial threats. The other 3 holes in our list or a small crumbing forward, back up ruck and fast outside mids.

Trade period isn't necessarily the issue, but I do agree we need to target KPP players either by poaching them or drafting them. Another young star KPF to go alongside Moore and 2 young athletic KPD (one to replace Brown, one to replace Reid in a couple of years) are needed additions. Defence is the bigger issue as I think we can get by in the short term with our small/medium forwards as Fasolo and Elliott are aerial threats. The other 3 holes in our list or a small crumbing forward, back up ruck and fast outside mids.
It's a huge problem IMO. I don't know why Collingwood fans get offended when I criticise that part of the list, it's terrible. It's a tough part of the list to build too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good question.

I'm assuming no since you brought in two free agents but the AFL are all over the place this year.
How come hawthorn and North Melbourne got their compensation picks as soon as they lost players via FA? What if they brought someone in later in the FA period, how does that work, does AFL take the pick back?

The timing of this is odd. Been rumoured to be out the door for ages, Bucks basically said farewell to him at the B+F. Reckon Collingwood have tried to trade him given they wouldn't get compo but that has not eventuated so he has no choice but to walk as a FA.

It's a huge problem IMO. I don't know why Collingwood fans get offended when I criticise that part of the list, it's terrible. It's a tough part of the list to build too.
You are trying to compare a local league footballer, Kommer, to a 200 game AFL forward in Mayne.

Mayne has had multiple seasons when he has kicked 30+ goals, and that was in R.Lyon coached teams who dont want to score. Will be an improvement on Cloke for us.

Kommer has kicked 13 goals in his career, with only one game with 2 goals kicked.

N.Brown and Frost are both small losses, the game has past them by...they are pure stoppers with no skills. We cant carry those kind of players.

Much rather play a group of mid 190 sized players - Howe, Langdon, Schranberg, Goldsack, maynard - alongside Reid. Than to play Frost or N.Brown.

Marsh IS a loss though.

Pies will be fine, if people havent noticed it is the midfield that wins football games...the Dogs won a premiership with Hamling and Morris as their KPDs.

You are trying to compare a local league footballer, Kommer, to a 200 game AFL forward in Mayne.

Mayne has had multiple seasons when he has kicked 30+ goals, and that was in R.Lyon coached teams who dont want to score. Will be an improvement on Cloke for us.

Kommer has kicked 13 goals in his career, with only one game with 2 goals kicked.

N.Brown and Frost are both small losses, the game has past them by...they are pure stoppers with no skills. We cant carry those kind of players.

Much rather play a group of mid 190 sized players - Howe, Langdon, Schranberg, Goldsack, maynard - alongside Reid. Than to play Frost or N.Brown.

Marsh IS a loss though.

Pies will be fine, if people havent noticed it is the midfield that wins football games...the Dogs won a premiership with Hamling and Morris as their KPDs.
I'm not saying Kommer is a world beater, but Mayne has shown in the past 3 years that he can't kick goals. 1 year is an aberration, but 3 years straight of what was crap? That's looking like a trend to me. Paying him what you are, why not go for a state league footballer that you can pay far less in the same role?

Pies have an extremely unbalanced list. If you can't see that, I can't help you.

An old, injury-prone midfielder getting paid $1.8m over 3 years in a side stacked with midfielders? Yep, great move
Forward who hasn't been able to kick goals for the past three seasons getting paid $2m over 4 years? Brilliant list management.
Getting rid of a KPD who is best 22 in the biggest hole of your list? Yes, smart move.

Collingwood will be getting scores of 100+ kicked against them regularly next year.

Wells fits a need. He's elite for his position and brings in speed and footskills that we really need. It also allows Sidebottom to play HFF.
Mayne I'm not sure about. I don't mind him bringing him in but the money he's on is ridiculous if true.

Marsh IS a loss though.

Have you seen Tom Langdon? Guy is the definition of a shitkicker.

Broomheads pretty quick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back