Retired Nathan Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez what a difference. On the Stevens thread the Doggies supporters have come over and been civil and positive in their posts. Most Pies fans on this thread however...o_O
I'm not overly surprised I must say.

Anyway Nathan is only 27 so a good few years in him yet. A change of clubs may well invigorate him and he'll be back at his best hopefully. Regardless it's a great pick up for us. He was in Collingwood's Leadership group this year so he'll be a great mentor for our young blokes too.
Very happy :thumbsu: :D

Slight upgrade on Delaney, Dempster and Roberton no longer ragdolled easy pickings for the likes of Kennedy/Hawkins, Gilbert no longer has any business being down in defense anymore, Goddard and Coughlan can develop without pressure. He's for free. Loves it :thumbsu:

Wont make sense to many I feel, but it makes perfect sense for us.

Haha, he ain't that good. He's an ok defender. Will do his job usually, but don't expect much.
To a stkilda supporter that sounds like the greatest tall defender ever.we literally haven't had one since the end off the ross era.

All brown needs to do, is defend. He doesn't need to be a star. Just play his role

I think this helps Carlisle a bit too. Imagine after having a year off "welcome back to footy, now off you go keep Tom Hawkins goalless for us".

To a stkilda supporter that sounds like the greatest tall defender ever.we literally haven't had one since the end off the ross era.

All brown needs to do, is defend. He doesn't need to be a star. Just play his role

Fair enough.

Put it this way, he has no tricks and you will get frustrated with him at times. He sometimes tries to do more than he is capable of, however when he sticks to the basics he is a decent defender. After losing a couple of backs, I was keen to see him stay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If ya had him in 2010 riewold might of done something....enjoy his turnovers
We are not stupid enough to let him be the main kicker out of defense

Any word on chips stav?
MAYBE a rookie spot??
Or do you reckon that's it for another club great?
Gee would still love him reading the play as the third man now he doesn't have to take on the big forwards

We are not stupid enough to let him be the main kicker out of defense

Any word on chips stav?
MAYBE a rookie spot??
Or do you reckon that's it for another club great?
Gee would still love him reading the play as the third man now he doesn't have to take on the big forwards
Pretty sure that's all she wrote. Can't see the need to rookie fish.

He didn't do it for us very often either.

His issue has been when he tries to kick across the ground, or to take players on.
And he won't be doing that
We have blokes like Webster Robertson Dempster Geary (ok granted he can be a little iffy but has improved remarkably) Carlisle and Joey

Brown is there to take a gorilla and get a fist into a contest
The end

He didn't do it for us very often either.

His issue has been when he tries to kick across the ground, or to take players on.

It's fine he can just handball it to Montagna, Savage, Roberton or Webster running past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back