Retired Nathan Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

I was just trying to lower expectations. He's a decent player, but has his limits. That is all. Good luck to him. I'll leave the thread now.

fair enough! i think i just read what you wrote wrong...

i think you are probably right, but the reality is we dont need him to be the best defender in the comp we just need him to be servicable. i mean look at the dogs, they really dont have a stand out tall defender yet they worked really well together. i mean look at hamling. *in hamling! if someone had said hamling would be a premiership defender and help to nullify buddy, you would have laughed in their face

In b4 Pies fans calling him the worst defender on the face of the planet

Edit - too l8
Good defender. Has a very low goals against stat and plays against your Kennedy, Lynch, Hawkins types.

I think this is mostly due to his 'off the ball' bullocking work close into goal interrupting leads. Makes players go wide.

Negatives are his up and under kicks that invite 40 players to contest and occasionally burns it.

IMHO, many Pies fans hate him due to the negatives. I like him due to the positives and appreciate that if you don't carry too many 'poor offensively' types then they're of use.

Two good Pies supporters, two campaigners so far.
Contrast them with the Dogs supporters about Stevens. All class.
I suppose when you land Mayne for 500 large a year and lose three KPD's in one trade period you are entitled to gloat
nice work Joffaboy

coupla good pick ups so far for you guys this trade period, along with the return of carlisle next year. gotta say, your recruiting over the past few seasons has been great. hope you guys can get another run at a flag whilst roo is still going around.

Don't be too surprised if Saints and Suns deal with one of the Saints first rounders from 17.

We would love 6 but would probably be eight.

Happy hunting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just want to drop by and pay my respects to Ameet Baines! Absolute beast of a list manager. Easily the most underrated in the game. You guys are positioned to be in the top 8 for many years to come.

Very interested to see what you guys do with the nice big war chest of cash that have saved up. If I was Nat Fyfe, and I had the oppurtunity to come to either Carlton or St Kilda on 1+ million a year, I know who I'll be choosing..
Well done lads

Good defender. Has a very low goals against stat and plays against your Kennedy, Lynch, Hawkins types.

I think this is mostly due to his 'off the ball' bullocking work close into goal interrupting leads. Makes players go wide.

Negatives are his up and under kicks that invite 40 players to contest and occasionally burns it.

IMHO, many Pies fans hate him due to the negatives. I like him due to the positives and appreciate that if you don't carry too many 'poor offensively' types then they're of use.

Cheers for the insight. Think his type is exactly what we're after, low goals against is incredibly valuable for us considering the bags guys like Jenkins, Hogan and Kennedy kicked against us, Lynch tore us apart too, could have kicked 5+ if he wasn't innacurate. We have a plethora of running rebounders like Savage, Roberton, Webster and Montagna so hopefully we've always got someone to ensure he doesn't try to do too much offensively, which seems like it was usually the case for you guys this year based on the stats of 85% efficiency and 0.7 disposal related clangers a game.

It's gonna feel weird but ******* pleasing having two key defenders and not have to watch Demps play KPD!

Calling it now, Demps to make AA team after playing intercept type role!
Reckon we might have just extended his career by another year...

Our defensive line well stocked now, good pick up while we wait on Goddard to get to AFL standard.

Well placed to improve on last year, have to wait and see if the game plan changes a little from the run and gun out of defense last year with the two extra bigs in the backline.

Still concerned a bit about the work in the middle, no amount of defensive adjustments can prevent what happened to against west coast and Adelaide.

This is the perfect recruit for depth. KPP can be traded for depth. Not so sure about mids for depth. Will go well on certain players. Hopefully most clubs have those certain players.

In b4 Pies fans calling him the worst defender on the face of the planet

Edit - too l8
He's certainly not the worst defender on the planet. Rarely gets beaten in one on one contests. When he does get beaten its usually on the lead which is the same for a lot of guys. I can't really remember the last time he had a big bag kicked on him. Jeremy Cameron took him apart one day but he'll do that to anyone on his day.

Competing won't be his issue. He's a very good competitor. Just make sure that he's instructed to give it to Joey or someone else who can kick it. Its probably his biggest downfall. Tends to kick it very high, and slow. I wish him all the best as he's a genuinely nice bloke. He will give his all and provide no trouble in the process.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back