Nathan Buckley - Should he be suspended?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

gocatsgo

Club Legend
Apr 30, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Reading
In my opinion YES.

Chris Grant got suspended for the same thing and it cost him a Brownlow, they say Buckley is a fair player, Chris Grant isn't?

Anthony Rocca got a week for the same thing.

In my opinion, he deserves a week, hopefully two, (Geelong play them in round 12)

Take a look at the replay - nothing in it. All angles show he was trying to punch the ball, not the player. If it had been a Carlton or Essendon player I would have said rub him out (but only on principal), any other team I would have realised that although it doesn't look good at first there wasn't anything in it at all.

By the way, Rocca was blinded by the lights
smile.gif
. Deserved one week at most.

GoodOldCollingwoodForever not biased there of course *grin* I think Buckley could and should be suspended for the incident - I think it was similar to what Koops did and he got 2 weeks. However the eagles will lose Mcintosh through the trial by video this week so it will be fairly even.

Bucks won't (shouldn't) get rubbed out because he was going for the ball but Kellaway managed to fist the ball away before it got to Buckley. There was no intent on belting Kellaway.

To compare A. Rocca to Buckley's 'fisting', is not right. Rocca's arm was nowhere near the ball, thus it was reckless. Buckley's one doesn't look bad at all when viewing the incident at normal speed. It is only because of slo-mos that it looks bad. The slo-mos do injustice to players as they only make incidents look much worse than they actually are...

The main difference between Buckley and Grants action is the location of the ball.

Grant was late the ball had already spilled low to Hollands legs when he got the knock to the head.

Buckley arrived at pretty much equal time to the ball at the contest. It was ugly but I dont think it was reportable.

Another thing on the Grant case, he was being killed that day by Holland and had a go a few times at him. He WAS late with the punch, Dutchy got concussed out of it and was taken from the field for the rest of the game. The Dogs turned it around and won the match after Holland was taken out, if it had been Geelong how would you have felt about it? While it was harsh I thought it was reportable at the time and so did the Bulldog mate that I went to the game with, who told me that Grant had better watch it or that type of thing could cost him (how prophetic it turned out to be) the Brownlow.

ps McIntosh ought to bye some tatts tickets too!

And people say Carey is protected, Buckley probably got brown-nose votes, as well.

McIntosh did not do anything wrong, so I don't know why you are saying he was lucky to get off. It was a legitimate shepherd, do u want this taken out of the game as well u idiot. The game is already soft, i don't want to watch netball, i want to watch footy.

I_luv_westcoast
You have to be kidding, McIntosh's feet left the ground & contact was made to the head other players have been reported &/or suspended for that this year, where's the consistency. Oh that's right Eagles players can do anything they want, just ask Gehrig.

------------------
Mantis

I hope we meet you in the finals, i luv wetcoasters,

I never saw a more cowardly act then macintosh and to get a goal from it was an absolute disgrace - what do you want - a free for all ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back