Nathan Buckley wins coach of the year

Remove this Banner Ad

Four More Quarters.

No disrespect to Bucks but I don’t think he cares about this award.

Never more pleased in my life to be so wrong. He has always been a champion, now he gets to write a new chapter in the annals. Awesome work.

Well done Bucks. Fair to say I was sceptical upon your reappoint at the end of last year, and even was sceptical after the first two rounds.

But you have gone above and beyond in changing the mindset of the players and establishing a playing group to be proud of no matter the result on Saturday. Hold your head high mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Four More Quarters.

No disrespect to Bucks but I don’t think he cares about this award.
Yep there is only one award he has cared about, the grand final win everything else is immaterial.

Have backed him all the way - well, some of it, maybe not even some it - in fact I had no idea why we moved Malthouse on.

But you've made me look like a twat and I thank you for it.

Congrats Bucks, So happy to be able to remember you as one of the greatest players and now a great coach.

Well done Coaching team as a whole.

Have backed him all the way - well, some of it, maybe not even some it - in fact I had no idea why we moved Malthouse on.

But you've made me look like a twat and I thank you for it.

Congrats Bucks, So happy to be able to remember you as one of the greatest players and now a great coach.

Well done Coaching team as a whole.

I flipped. I vehemently defended him through 12 and 13. I started to wane in 14 and 15 was when I turned on him.

I was never off him, but fair to say I wavered. The turnaround has been beyond belief. I thought we had finals in us this year, perhaps an elimination final building into something more in 2019.

But what the club has produced this year has been amazing. As many have said though, FOUR MORE QUARTERS!!

C'mon boys, get Bucks a Jock McHale to go with this deserved award

If I woke up in a hospital bed and they said I was in a comma since round 1 after the hawthorn game and the whole years been a dream It wouldn’t surprise me.

Congrats to the club for sticking by bucks. He would have been gone if I was in charge from the outside

Am I right in saying that the review identified that Bux had the potential to take us to the top?
But they also identified that his choices of assistants was flawed?
So they took that away from him and recruited assistants who had talent.
It’s got the minor results, not unhappy about that, but like others I’ll hold the champers until late Saturday arvo.

P.s. who votes for coty?

Well done to Bucks and all the Club staff that stuck by him. That very long line you see forming is a queue for humble pie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back