Nathan Buckley wins coach of the year

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a surprise I would have thought if anything mid year.
Why wait until then?
I think a 3 year deal is the best option, to be finalised early this year.

Regardless of time of contract, club will and have paid him well.

Leave contract matters to others of expertise.

Nathan will get our boss for quite fine time :)

A great year by bucks and the coaching staff.
As coach of the year, he's clearly been able to concentrate his focus on footy, and maybe less on other areas (or people) that he doesn't value like he had previously.
Hopefully no distractions for 2019 either.

Why wait until then?
I think a 3 year deal is the best option, to be finalised early this year.
agreed - it's in everyone's interests to get this done sooner rather than later.

I'm sure it's a formality but you don't want any lingering coaching speculation during the season if it can be avoided.

Should be left for later in the year, but l guess it will not matter to much either way

Not sure there's any benefits in waiting. Even if we have a shocking start to 2019, the performances of 2018 have earned an extension. Get it done and kill the media crap.

Hope they're looking to lock up a few of the other lesser coaches as well.

Hardly surprising given the outcome in 2018.

Dunno about that ...

... we are the club who sacked their coach after getting us to - and losing - four Grand Finals in six seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno about that ...

... we are the club who sacked their coach after getting us to - and losing - four Grand Finals in six seasons.
And the poor guy got the boot from Richmond after they won FOUR flags with him as coach.

Funny business, coaching.

And another immediately after winning and losing a GF.

Hafey was sacked.

Malthouse resigned after he couldn’t renegotiate the succession plan.

And the poor guy got the boot from Richmond after they won FOUR flags with him as coach.

Funny business, coaching.

I thought Hafey resigned from Richmond because he wasn’t being appreciated?

And another immediately after winning and losing a GF.
Technically he was not offered an extension and given a new role BEFORE the said grand finals.

But I understand your point.

Hafey was sacked.

People seem to forget that Malthouse was on the cusp of getting sacked at one stage at the pies. The board wanted him OUT - big time. It was Eddie who stood up to the board and backed Mick to the hilt.

Who was the guy Malthouse emptied the shitcan over the most when he couldn't get his way over the succession plan?

Yeah Eddie, the guy who put it all on the line to save Micks coaching career and reputation.

That alone makes him a piece of &^*%^* in my opinion and deserving of everything he got.

Not sure there's any benefits in waiting. Even if we have a shocking start to 2019, the performances of 2018 have earned an extension. Get it done and kill the media crap.

Hope they're looking to lock up a few of the other lesser coaches as well.
Right now, rather be locking up the assistance coaches if we can.
Bucks is going nowhere, it will not matter if we do it now or later, as he will be coach next year.

The succession plan ended his coaching tenure after winning then losing a GF. Not having your coaching contract renewed is being sacked. It was a worse decisionthan sacking Hafey. Hafey lost the players. Malthouse well and truley had the players.

The succession plan ended his coaching tenure after winning then losing a GF. Not having your coaching contract renewed is being sacked. It was a worse decisionthan sacking Hafey. Hafey lost the players. Malthouse well and truley had the players.
A little re-writing there, the whole succession plan was done before the said grand finals.
What happened after is a separate matter.
It was always all doomed because, regardless of best intentions, Ed forgot two simple words:
Mick Malthouse.
Like Rudd, Abbott, Turnbull, Latham, Hewson, he could never go with dignity and class.
That’s all past now.

And after all that, here we are.
Back in contention on the cusp of ultimate greatness.

A little re-writing there, the whole succession plan was done before the said grand finals.
What happened after is a separate matter.
It was always all doomed because, regardless of best intentions, Ed forgot two simple words:
Mick Malthouse.
Like Rudd, Abbott, Turnbull, Latham, Hewson, he could never go with dignity and class.
That’s all past now.
Truth Saintly MM is and was a vindictive personality if he didn't get his own way. What some here forget is his disgraceful actions in emptying the shitcan all over the man who saved his tenure years before by putting his presidency on the line to support him against a board determined to sack his arrogant arse.

THAT for me the act of a vindictive egomaniac and a dog, no forgiveness is possible for those that bite the hand that feeds them.

Truth Saintly MM is and was a vindictive personality if he didn't get his own way. What some here forget is his disgraceful actions in emptying the shitcan all over the man who saved his tenure years before by putting his presidency on the line to support him against a board determined to sack his arrogant arse.

THAT for me the act of a vindictive egomaniac and a dog, no forgiveness is possible for those that bite the hand that feeds them.
Well there’s that...

:moustache:

A touch of hyperbole...

It’s all water under the bridge.

Personalities aside, a premiership coach will always be part of our gloried history.

My preferred is Leigh Matthews, but you can’t always get what you want, but sometimes you get what you need.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back