Nathan Buckley

Remove this Banner Ad

So happy we shunned our club for the second time. Absolute spud of a coach.

I'm so happy he will never win a flag coaching or playing

Meaningless game this time of year. Neither team can make finals. Every week it seems that either Hardwick or Buckley are under the microscope.

I guess you have to look at the teams, the changes, future prospects and the sustainability of the game plan going forward.

Can't keep flip flopping every week based on single results.

The team he took over wasn't that good it was a game plan that was good until it was figured out straight after 2010. It took most teams a couple of years but the top ones had it dissected by the end of 2011.
The team is mid tier rebuilding take out Fasolo, Elliott and Moore from the forwardine and no Swanny we lose to mid tier teams by 2 goals. No issues here/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The team he took over wasn't that good it was a game plan that was good until it was figured out straight after 2010. It took most teams a couple of years but the top ones had it dissected by the end of 2011.
The team is mid tier rebuilding take out Fasolo, Elliott and Moore from the forwardine and no Swanny we lose to mid tier teams by 2 goals. No issues here/
Possibly one of the most deluded things Ive ever read. Collingwood in 2010 were bring widely talked about as a "dynasty" about to happen.

He took over a premiership side didnt he? You cant possibly take over a better team at that point.

He took over a premiership side didnt he? You cant possibly take over a better team at that point.
Collingwoods 2010 GF victory was all down to the press, 2011 Geelong had it figured out by the first game they won by a kick and should have won by 10 goals if not for bad kicking. We were not even close to being on Geelongs level in 2011 and the Hawks should have knocked us out in the PF.

By 2012 Hawthorn was waltzing through the press and were flogging us as well but our players were comprised of those who were not skillful enough outside of a few. Just those that fit in perfectly at a perfect time for a gameplan to work it's magic.

Last edited:
Possibly one of the most deluded things Ive ever read. Collingwood in 2010 were bring widely talked about as a "dynasty" about to happen.

In 2010 yes. As he said, in 2011 things changed. The game plan was figured out by team after team.

Proof in the pudding is how abysmal that game plan was when Mick came to Carlton. Sure we didn't have the cattle but so many of those players look far better under Bolton's game plan.

Predicting a dynasty when everything worked great in 2010 does not make a lie out of saying the game plan failednin 2011. These things evolve fast.

Both coaches were on a hiding to nothing tonight. The knife-wielders were going to come for one of them.

Having said that, Richmond went up a little bit under Hardwick before coming down. Buckley's only taken Collingwood one way.

Its a weird one, I feel their list is a bit undersized in the back half and then too tall in the front? Well, in tonights game anyway. Also, I can't tell if they have a lot of spuds on their list or if its Bucks game plan. I dont think much of Greenwood, Adams, Williams, Fasolo, Howe, White or Brown to name a few, but Treloar, Grundy, Moore, Wills (2nd game), Frost, Aish are all talented plus Pendles. Perhaps expectations are too high as they still have a fair few average players or list cloggers if you will.

Its a weird one, I feel their list is a bit undersized in the back half and then too tall in the front? Well, in tonights game anyway. Also, I can't tell if they have a lot of spuds on their list or if its Bucks game plan. I dont think much of Greenwood, Adams, Williams, Fasolo, Howe, White or Brown to name a few, but Treloar, Grundy, Moore, Wills (2nd game), Frost, Aish are all talented plus Pendles. Perhaps expectations are too high as they still have a fair few average players or list cloggers if you will.

You think Frost is talentedo_O

In 2010 yes. As he said, in 2011 things changed. The game plan was figured out by team after team.

Proof in the pudding is how abysmal that game plan was when Mick came to Carlton. Sure we didn't have the cattle but so many of those players look far better under Bolton's game plan.

Predicting a dynasty when everything worked great in 2010 does not make a lie out of saying the game plan failednin 2011. These things evolve fast.
Collingwood 2011 annihilated team after team, it was scary, wheels started to fall off about 5 rounds from the end, coincidentally when the premiership coach was told was told he'd still have to walk.

And when you see the way the players got around Hardwick tonight after the game you can understand why. players play for their coach,devastating to be told he's getting it in the neck for no good reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back