Nathan Buckley

Remove this Banner Ad

junction oval

Debutant
Oct 31, 2006
Sydney
Other Teams
Fitzroy
This may have been covered before, but I'll claim being the first to say it.

He didn't win a premiership as a player, and he won't win one as a coach.

The pies did the wrong thing in retiring Malthouse, and whilst they will still do allright this year, the arseing of Malthouse will come back to haunt Collingwood.

this has been moved from the main board lol.

troll or extremely dull.

Not a troll, nor am I dull.

Am watching the NAB cup at home with some AFL fans in Sydney, and they asked my opinion of whether Buckley would succeed as a coach. I said I didn't think he would cut he mustard as a coach and thought I would see what other people thought.

I rarely post here, and have no idea on where you are meant to post stuff - I realise posting this on the Collingwood forum wouldn't be right, and just found out there was such a thing as Bay 13!

Am happy to delete this if it is causing distress for any nervy Collingwood fans...

To be honest I don't know. I mean so called "untried coaches" (even though they have all done long term apprenticeships) seem to do OK.

Could be purely anecdotal but I think there is something to be said for playing in a winning grand final side and winning one as a coach. Just thinking of Matthews, Thompson, Worsfold, Malthouse (with the tigers). Basically in the last 22 years (AFL) I can only think of Pagan, Roos and Williams (though he did win a bunch in the SANFL) as coaches who weren't premierships players...

Not a troll, nor am I dull.

Am watching the NAB cup at home with some AFL fans in Sydney, and they asked my opinion of whether Buckley would succeed as a coach. I said I didn't think he would cut he mustard as a coach and thought I would see what other people thought.

I rarely post here, and have no idea on where you are meant to post stuff - I realise posting this on the Collingwood forum wouldn't be right, and just found out there was such a thing as Bay 13!

Am happy to delete this if it is causing distress for any nervy Collingwood fans...
Well if we knew what team you supported maybe we could comment on how nervy they were:rolleyes:
But alas you are to gutless to display that:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he will win 2+

That's the fun with baseless opinions. I don't have to back it up, and it won't be proved or disproved for 4-5 years

So because he tells us he was a supporter of a team that is extinct on the internet we believe him:rolleyes:
I bet you still put cookies and milk out for Santa:eek:

Mick98, believe it, because it's true.

Just imagine if, one day, Collingwood no longer exist. Would you, all of a sudden, be able to pick another team to barrack for?

And before you start on the Fitzroy merged with Brisbane thing, the merger of Fitzroy and Brisbane was like your local Coles merging with your local milk bar.

I stil like watching good games, but in general I don't give a s**t who wins or loses.

Or on the other hand, Hafey Jeans Roos Clarkson Williams Pagan

ah I already mentioned those... In my original post.

I think the way the game has changed its a bit pointless to go Pre-AFL times. Hafey won his last flag in 74 (38 years ago).

Not saying he can't - just that in the last two decades 80% of the time the flag has been won by a coach with a premiership medal as a player.

Mick98, believe it, because it's true.

Just imagine if, one day, Collingwood no longer exist. Would you, all of a sudden, be able to pick another team to barrack for?

And before you start on the Fitzroy merged with Brisbane thing, the merger of Fitzroy and Brisbane was like your local Coles merging with your local milk bar.

I stil like watching good games, but in general I don't give a s**t who wins or loses.
LOL now I know you are deluded:eek::eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back