Toast Nathan Burke inducted into the AFL Hall of Fame

Remove this Banner Ad

BurkeA.jpg

St Kilda Legend Nathan Burke is officially an immortal of the game after being inducted into the Australian Football Hall of Fame.

The 323-game great was bestowed the honour earlier tonight via virtual ceremony, becoming the first of this year’s esteemed group to receive the revered distinction.

Burke becomes the 20th player from the club to be inducted into the Australian Football Hall of Fame to now stand alongside club champions Tony Lockett, Trevor Barker and Darrel Baldock and close mate Robert Harvey.

Absolute legend loved watching him play. Get confident every time he had the ball

Think I'll shed a tear or two the day Nicky gets inducted. My favourite player growing up & lovely to see him induct Burkey tonight.

Burkey had a ripper career, I was lucky enough to work with him in 2011 at a business he started. He didn't remember me from my 6th birthday party at Maccas but I certainly remembered how great he was to a bunch of kids back then and nothing changed. On and off field an absolute champion.

Question for ya'll. Does Jack Steven ever make the HOF?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We did those champion send-offs really well.

It's been a while since we've sent off a champion.

Burkey, so fearless for a guy always belted around the head

'97 was an awesome midfield, week after week I'd watch Burke and Harvey waltz out of the centre and lace out a forward pass.

Nathan Burke was one of the reasons I loved watching St Kilda growing up. Absolute legend. This made my night.

Nathan Burke was one of the reasons I loved watching St Kilda growing up. Absolute legend. This made my night.
Ross Smith was one of the reasons I loved watching St Kilda growing up.
In my view Nathan Burke is right up there as well. Perhaps not as talented as Smith (who of course won a Brownlow, captained Victoria and played in a premiership side), but was equally courageous.
A tremendous and highly durable player from the Pines, Burke's impact and service at the Saints has been enormous.
And he is a great bloke as well.
Congratulations Nathan, you are truly deserving!

Burkey was the toughest Saints player that I can remember, he would make other players walk taller with his courage.

A lovely tribute to the great man by Nicky Winmar. It bought a tear to my eye and it made me feel very proud to be a Saints follower.

Think I'll shed a tear or two the day Nicky gets inducted. My favourite player growing up & lovely to see him induct Burkey tonight.

Burkey had a ripper career, I was lucky enough to work with him in 2011 at a business he started. He didn't remember me from my 6th birthday party at Maccas but I certainly remembered how great he was to a bunch of kids back then and nothing changed. On and off field an absolute champion.
Shed a tear I did!

Better late than never but this was presented to Burkey last night too (COVID stuffed up the presentation last year)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back