Delisted Nathan Freeman [delisted]

Remove this Banner Ad

Freeman had 1 thing going for him. Pace.

However it is hard to run fast with those hammy's.

Why would anyone take a chance on him when he hasnt shown anything in 5 years?

People only think hes still worth something because of his draft position.

He's done.

Yeah but he started to string games together back end of the season? Are you saying they gifted an injured player two games?

Tough luck for the young guy.

Both parties gave it a crack but came up short ultimately. Could have probably given him one last game against the Roos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stinks of St Kilda trying to "make a statement" in lieu of not being able to sack their coach (he's contracted til '20), but totally missing the mark. There are many, many players less worth persisting with for another year than Freeman. Hope he gets a rookie spot elsewhere, could see a club like Sydney taking him on the cheap.

Yeah but he started to string games together back end of the season? Are you saying they gifted an injured player two games?
It was their due diligence to play him and see how he goes at the level, what they saw must not have been encouraging enough to keep on with his injury history.

Stinks of St Kilda trying to "make a statement" in lieu of not being able to sack their coach (he's contracted til '20), but totally missing the mark. There are many, many players less worth persisting with for another year than Freeman. Hope he gets a rookie spot elsewhere, could see a club like Sydney taking him on the cheap.

I would think/hope there are many, many other players also out the door with him so we are indeed making a “statement”.

Can think of 7-8 off the top of my head.

If he had currency I doubt he would've been deleted so early. Sad for the kid but as I've mentioned on the Saints board, he has earnt over a million dollars in five years for a two game career. So farewell and good luck with your future endeavours Freezer

watch the hawks pick him up and turn him into a 150+ gamer.

You'd probably want to do a thorough medical examination before-hand prior to doing so....For a classical Collingwood 6 footer, he's a solidly built lad.

Turns 25 next year in June, so time is quickly running out for him to get his body right.....Maybe it's just his running technique combined with some other lingering physiological issues he's been over-compensating for....who knows.

Collingwood know the kid and liked the kid. They didnt want him to go so you would think they would at least do a medical on him and if all passed then for sure you would look at putting him on the rookie list and seeing how it goes.

having said that if it was true that he left in part bc of our S&C team then probably unlikely he would come back.

If he passed relevant tests be a good one for Carlton or Essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back