Certified Legendary Thread Nathan Freeman Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, technically, his surrender at Yorktown brought the War of Independence to an end, but he was pretty screwed by that point, and it's harsh to place the blame on him. The British Government recognised that: they still knighted him, he had a very impressive career in India (if you're English, at least), and was flipping amazing as Lord Lieutenant of Ireland (again, if you're English, at least! If you're Irish, not so much...).

Can you create a thread for tid bits and historical facts mate? Every time I read your posts I get a little smarter.

Which, of course, I offset by heading over to the main board and get a little bit stupider!

Well, technically, his surrender at Yorktown brought the War of Independence to an end, but he was pretty screwed by that point, and it's harsh to place the blame on him. The British Government recognised that: they still knighted him, he had a very impressive career in India (if you're English, at least), and was flipping amazing as Lord Lieutenant of Ireland (again, if you're English, at least! If you're Irish, not so much...).
So was knighted for losing America. Sounds a typically British thing to do.

So was knighted for losing America. Sounds a typically British thing to do.

Why not? After all, they knighted Andy Murray for winning a tennis match. It certainly wasn't for his charismatic personality

Just finished S3 of Turn: Washingston's Spies starring Jamie Bell which based on this post you might like. Good series!! Final season to air later this year...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hammy McHamface.
stock-vector-sliced-leg-of-ham-cartoon-79830580.jpg

^ wasn't ah... not what I was going for but after a quick search it'll do :p

I'd suggest we put this one on ice until he actually plays a game or two
Freeman?

Hamstring??

Put it on ice???

OMG, he's done his 'string again!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Little bit of new info on Freeman - http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-01-...s-jake-carlisle-finally-back-in-full-training

"Luckless midfielder Nathan Freeman has been in full training after having dealt with ongoing hamstring issues since being drafted at No. 10 in 2013.

"He went off to Germany in the off-season for them to have another look at his hamstring and his preparation and that came back really positive," Cox said.

"He's been in full training for probably about six weeks."

However, Cox did not guarantee Freeman would play for St Kilda in 2017.

"Whether it means he plays senior football this year, well, we'll wait and see," he said.

"But for us, he's certainly well advanced from where he was when he first joined the club. "

Remove this Banner Ad

Back