Certified Legendary Thread Nathan Freeman Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

On the Sandringham Facebook page they're advertising for a volunteer assistant team manager. One of the roles is putting the goal kicking list and selecting the best players from the Match to put on the website..... so basically the guy doing this previously was some campaigner with a personal vendetta against freezer.
The rando volunteer selects the bests?

If freezer has another good game this weekend does he deserve a call up?

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app
As great as that would be, seems unlikely given sandy play on a Sunday meaning a 5 day break to play Essendon. Considering how conservative we're being with him, a short break doesn't seem to fit that script.

I get that some of you want Freezer in the Saints team but just cool your jets guys. There is no rush, the gap from VFL to AFL is huge. I have had conversations with young fringe players who all say that 1 AFL qtr is equivalent to a whole 4 qtr game at VFL level.
I bet that those of you begging for Freezer to play AFL would be the first to complain IF he were to ping his hammy in his first game or two.
The medicos have done an amazing job to get him to where is at now, back them and the club in to bring him in when he is ready. ONLY when he is ready!

And by that logic he can do a full pre-season and still ping his hammy the first game back.

Would love to know what specific knowledge you have to make a qualitative call on the job our medicos have done.

I get that some of you want Freezer in the Saints team but just cool your jets guys. There is no rush, the gap from VFL to AFL is huge. I have had conversations with young fringe players who all say that 1 AFL qtr is equivalent to a whole 4 qtr game at VFL level.
I bet that those of you begging for Freezer to play AFL would be the first to complain IF he were to ping his hammy in his first game or two.
The medicos have done an amazing job to get him to where is at now, back them and the club in to bring him in when he is ready. ONLY when he is ready!

I would complain so hard.

he can ping his hammy in the VFL?? so what's the difference

So AFL players run 20km in one quarter of footy? Yehhh I don't think so. No doubt VFL is a pretty big Step down but that's a bit far fetched. Freeman could do his hammy in the VFL anyway so I don't really get your point, if he's fit and in form then give him a chance.

So AFL players run 20km in one quarter of footy? Yehhh I don't think so. No doubt VFL is a pretty big Step down but that's a bit far fetched. Freeman could do his hammy in the VFL anyway so I don't really get your point, if he's fit and in form then give him a chance.
To quote distance is rediculous. It is a comparison of fatigue. Surely you have enough nous to know that AFL is played at a higher clip than VFL. The players are fitter, chase harder and there is less space and time to run around. So I think both points you make, about difference between VFL and AFL, and why Freezer would be more at risk of doing a hammy are invalid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed 100%.

I'm inbetween both playing him and not playing him. Both have pros and cons.

If we play him he gets an massive confidence boost and it could do wonders for him but we are not sure if he is physically capable of running out the game maybe even a half, him doing his hammy can also have a chance.

If we continue to play him in the reserves and build him up form wise and confidence wise, it could lead to a good off season, coming back fresh and settle in the 1sts.

Honestly I would only play him in seniors if we don't make finals. Like we are ruled out of the race around round 20, yes play him in the last few games, reward for the work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back