Certified Legendary Thread Nathan Freeman Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

He was definatly at the match sim and he did kick a goal.
Played a half of the game.
Wasn't that the week before? I didn't see any reports on last Friday's training session, the morning before our AFLX games that night.

The first most of us even heard that there was a regular session that day was during the telecast that night.

He will not play a single game. Very unfortunate, but looking back, it was worth the punt to at least try and get him right. He was very unlucky not to get selected for a debut late last year when he was in good VFL form. You can't keep a list spot for someone who hasn't played an AFL game beyond this year. Then again, could they rookie him? Lewis Pierce manages to stay on a AFL list somehow, so it might be possible.
Possibly rookie on minimum wages

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wasn't that the week before? I didn't see any reports on last Friday's training session, the morning before our AFLX games that night.

The first most of us even heard that there was a regular session that day was during the telecast that night.
Yes you've got it correct ARR. He injured it weeks ago.

It's a cleanup of scar tissue, as I said a few weeks back he did twang it slightly, it's probably going to sideline him for a couple of weeks. He would be ruled out for JLT 1 but possibility for JLT 2.

I call BS.
A 'few weeks' ago you claim he 'twanged it slightly'.
On 8 February - 13 days ago - Alan Richardson said he was in 'really good shape'.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-08/luckless-saint-in-really-good-shape-richo
So someone is lying.
You or the coach?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I call BS.
A 'few weeks' ago you claim he 'twanged it slightly'.
On 8 February - 13 days ago - Alan Richardson said he was in 'really good shape'.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-08/luckless-saint-in-really-good-shape-richo
So someone is lying.
You or the coach?
Oh no, the club would never, ever, try to protect a player from media scrutiny.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2016-04-28/injury-report-round-6

“Nathan Freeman experienced some awareness in his hamstring last week during training,” Cox told saints.com.au.

The club was definitely telling the truth there, too.

A+ for effort though mate.

Oh no, the club would never, ever, try to protect a player from media scrutiny.

The club was definitely telling the truth there, too.

A+ for effort though mate.

Media scrutiny? Like the media give two shits about a bloke who has never played a single game? They dont give a s**t.

Seriously. All the club does it makes itself look like morons for trying to be too clever and lying about a player nobody has ever heard of.

April 28, 2016 9:58 AM

Minor setback only.

My biggest concern is Freeman, McCartin, Goddard. It's about time we started getting a return on our investment. And let's not mention Lovett.
Swings and roundabouts.

High draft picks not succeeding (sometimes because of injury) is usually balanced out by low draft picks over performing.

Current starting 22 includes Geary (Captain - rookie), Steven (Pick 42), Sinclair (rookie) and Mav (rookie). Marshall (rookie) looks a distinct possibility ATM.

Bit early to make a call on Paddy or Goddard but Freeman was worth the punt (second rounder for a Pick 10) especially given our financial situation at the time (ie -spare cash).

I'm pretty happy with our recruiting over the last few years and I'm very very excited about last years picks. Both look like absolute class.

Media scrutiny? Like the media give two shits about a bloke who has never played a single game? They dont give a s**t.

Seriously. All the club does it makes itself look like morons for trying to be too clever and lying about a player nobody has ever heard of.

April 28, 2016 9:58 AM

Minor setback only.

You must be living on another planet - all media outlets ran stories on freeman yesterday. All of them.

I’m confused, people who went to the match sim reported seeing him out there, pretty sure there was a tweet about him slotting a goal on the run from 45m out but you’re saying he didn’t play?
It was reported on SEN that he was doing his own training on Friday when it happened..
George georgy boy?

You must be living on another planet - all media outlets ran stories on freeman yesterday. All of them.
Called Planet Saintsational where only the best uninformed opinions will be tolerated.

Con is a staple over there

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’d like to provisionally welcome Freezer to the Barrels “What Could Have Been” team.

Well done on selection.

FB: J.Attard - L.Penny - L.Fisher
HB: Jo.Smith - M.Maguire - D.Sierakowski
RK: M.Gardiner - Je.Smith - Jas.Cripps
CR: X.Clarke - N.Freeman* - D.Bourke
HF: A.Hamill (c) - J.Koschitzke - R.Owen
FF: J.Traianidis - F.Watts - G.Fode
IC: J.Allen L.Ball S.White T.Lee

Last edited:
I’d like to provisionally welcome Freezer to the Barrels “What Could Have Been” team.

Well done on selection.

FB: J.Attard - L.Penny - L.Fisher
HB: Jo.Smith - M.Maguire - D.Sierakowski
RK: M.Gardiner - Je.Smith - Ja.Cripps
CR: X.Clarke - N.Freeman* - D.Bourke
HF: A.Hamill (c) - J.Koschitzke - R.Owen
FF: J.Traianidis - F.Watts - G.Fode
IC: J.Allen L.Ball S.White T.Lee

This simultaneously made me say wow and shed a tear.

Swings and roundabouts.

High draft picks not succeeding (sometimes because of injury) is usually balanced out by low draft picks over performing.

Current starting 22 includes Geary (Captain - rookie), Steven (Pick 42), Sinclair (rookie) and Mav (rookie). Marshall (rookie) looks a distinct possibility ATM.

Bit early to make a call on Paddy or Goddard but Freeman was worth the punt (second rounder for a Pick 10) especially given our financial situation at the time (ie -spare cash).

I'm pretty happy with our recruiting over the last few years and I'm very very excited about last years picks. Both look like absolute class.
Throw Robbo and Bruce on the list which we got for nix...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back