Certified Legendary Thread Nathan Freeman Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

How bad must our PR department be. We’ve had an unbelievably bad season, Social Media lights up about a change of coach - so they sack everyone that isn’t him, then to rub salt on the wounds, they delist the feel good story of said s**t season, on the first day of exit interviews...

I mean, Spielberg couldn’t direct a bigger s**t show. If it was his time, just do it at the end with a heart warming message..

It’s like they’re doing it to get some sort of revenge against the haters. Richo will have potato’s thrown at him come round 1. If by some miracle he’s still there.

We finally got him right and then he's out the door.

I'd be hoping we rookie list him. We have worse players on the list than him right now. Give him a 1 year deal, if he doesn't work his way onto the senior list and play a dozen or so games then give him the boot.

Obviously happy he got to play at least one game...but geez...
It sux but we have proffesional high performance science guys with super sensor measuring equipment qualified enough to be able to make decisions on a players ability to cope with recovery and preperation. They have clearly come to a decision that he cannot.
Its sad but its not the first or last time an afl player cant physically handle the rigours of professional football.

Why is everyone freaking out.
Tell me the club didnt try everything to get the best out of their investment in him over the years.
No way they just delist him on a whim.

Everyone crying out and demanding change....as long as they like the decision!

I’m very sad for Freeze, seems like a great young guy, certainly committed and resilient, and would love him to be rookied, but we can’t demand change on the one hand and then cry about it when it happens, because it doesn’t suit our personal preferences.

There are a couple of players I will really be ropeable about if they are traded, but as we’ve said on here ad nauseum, if we don’t constantly change and improve the list we go backward.

Freeze has been a feel good story. After 5 years, three with us working his backside off, we got him on the park and he finally played a couple of AFL games. Sounds like he is grateful for that.

Last edited:
Disappointing for Freezer but that's football.
Unfortunately his injuries mean he isn't the player we traded for three years ago and therefore, isnt what we want or need.
Being a feel good story doesn't protect you from the harsh reality of the industry.
Feel for the guy.
But he most definitely IS exactly the player you traded for. Same problems followed him.
No winners here. Poor guy.

Come on. Club has to make room for the super-durable, superquick Hanners.
I'm sorry but Hannebery is an All Australian player. Freeman has played 2 games of AFL football. I can tell you who I'd rather.

Really don't understand the melting over this. We ask the club to take action and then whinge when they do. They don't think he's up to it. Football is a tough industry and this is the reality of it. They watched him closely at VFL level all year and have decided he won't make the grade. If he goes to Hawthorn and becomes a champ then we can be mad but I really doubt it happens.

It sux but we have proffesional high performance science guys with super sensor measuring equipment qualified enough to be able to make decisions on a players ability to cope with recovery and preperation. They have clearly come to a decision that he cannot.
Its sad but its not the first or last time an afl player cant physically handle the rigours of professional football.
At least delist players like Wright, Minchington, Weller, Goddard, Pierce and retire Gilbert. Just my view. A spot on the rookie list would be what they should do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't expecting this, thought he'd get at least one more year to show what he could offer now that he has finally started stringing some games together.

It's a ruthless business though and he isn't the first player to be shown the door in controversial circumstances, they must have their reasons for it.

Being a feel good story doesn't protect you from the harsh reality of the industry.
Well we'll just have to find another feel good story won't we

5xk0gj.jpg

Tough on the kid but the right decision.

2 games in three years. The club needs to leave no stone unturned to get back to where we want it and if cutting an injury prone fringe midfielder causes this sort of reaction, the supporters are overeating the list much as the coaching staff seemed to.

We are not a charity. We both gave it our best shot and it didn't work out. Although we like to think everyone of our players will be superstars they will not.

Think back when Hawthorn made much tougher decisions to move on Mitchell, Hodge and Lewis. Unpopular and claimed at the time it would rip the heart out of the club. Guess what. They are top four this year. I want to be that.

We need to leave all sentimentality at the door if we want to get better. 6 years of being nice and drafting upstanding citizens have made us irrelevant.

It's a super hard call but there will be others harder and this type of hard nosed decision is necessary in the long run. He's not going to be the difference in a premiership, or even to make finals. That will come from others. His replacement may play 2 or 200 games, but we would have one less opportunity to unearth the player we need with him on the list.

Don't get me wrong, if he wasn't delisted or was offered a rookie spot I wouldn't be unhappy, but I fully understand and support the decision made.

Good luck Freeze, hope it works out for you.

Wasn't expecting this, thought he'd get at least one more year to show what he could offer now that he has finally started stringing some games together.

It's a ruthless business though and he isn't the first player to be shown the door in controversial circumstances, they must have their reasons for it.
You're right. If this club has shown us anything in recent years it's good decision making...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back