Certified Legendary Thread Nathan Freeman Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of you are saying "why delist him and keep all the other deadwood?"

I'm trying my best to think positively which means entertaining the idea that the Saints ARE cutting ALL the dead wood and Bambi's death here is a foreboding of just how deep they'll be cutting.

Of course then my pessimism kicks in and says if they cut too many then they'll be on the lookout for quantity, not quality to fill all those empty lockers.

they'll not be able to trade many and won't want to delist too many because they can't replace them all, so there'll be a couple of lucky ones that get another shot at redemption. It will annoy us.

PS any player brave enough to claim the cursed number 10 jumper?

what the actual fk.

minch, gilbert, mav, conellan, joyce, wright, goddard, armitage, geary

that's 8 players that should be delisted ahead of freezer and one of them is the captain!

jokes on geary i guess, but ffs, give the kid a chance he looked good. He hadn't pulled a hammy in ages.

what a load of crap, eh
Good one but seriously Geary is about 100 times better than Freeman.

Imagine if he does become a decent player at another club?

I doubt that will happen given his injury history and I don't think he showed enough in his 2 games of AFL for another club to take that risk on him.

You're right. If this club has shown us anything in recent years it's good decision making...

It may not be a good decision but compared to some of their other decisions like extending Richo's contract it's at the minor end of the scale.

Whether or not we kept Freeman on the list isn't going to have a huge bearing on the club's prospects for the next few years.

I don't even really like Geary but I still stand by my comment.
I'll give him that his attack and endeavour are great. Disposal sucks which is why oppo love seeing him as the loose defender and happy for him to get the kickout short kick to pocket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll give him that his attack and endeavour are great. Disposal sucks which is why oppo love seeing him as the loose defender and happy for him to get the kickout short kick to pocket.
Will be nice to see Robbo back hey... and Geary banished from this role hopefully

Imagine if he does become a decent player at another club?

Tom Ledger, Tom Curren, Eli Templeton, Tom Lee....
I remember people going ballistic when these guys didn’t get many games and were then delisted. Not one of them were subsequently picked up by an afl club.

If his body is shot, tell us!

You can't go from saying, like Richo did on multiple occasions since Nathan arrived "he's here for a career, not a season, we are going to get his body right...." to then, when it appears his body is right and he makes his debut (and performed about as well as some more senior players) de-listing him barely 2 weeks later. Some career :eek:!!

How does the above make sense? You have to play some serious mental gymnastics to stick up for the club on this. They went from preaching he was here for a "career", getting his body right and then shoving him out the door 2 weeks after his debut.

Or his body is shot and he is not up to it. In that case, tell us and we can move on.

Last edited:
PS any player brave enough to claim the cursed number 10 jumper?

Forget the cursed jumper, which player is going to want to be the BF sponsored player from now on? Nathan Wright, who is on pretty shaky ground and now Freeze :eek:
boydie I think we’d better rethink next season!

Don't know about hysteria, but I think it is pretty understandably disappointing.

19 touches, 3 tackles in game one

Then 14, 3 tackles, 1 goal 1, 1 goal assist in just over a half in game two.

I would have thought this actually suggests he has something to work with?

One mistake keeping armo doesn’t justify two mistakes keeping freeman. The funny thing is he knew where he was at and wasn’t pissed off with the club
This is coz he's too much of a nice guy. That maybe why the club drafts 'nice guys' - coz they know its a good chance they'll piss them off

Remove this Banner Ad

Back