Certified Legendary Thread Nathan Freeman Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Be patient!!?! I’m a ruddy saints supporter. Isn’t that a pre requisite??
Goes with the territory. There are other words i can use. Despair, disappointment, heartbreak, frustration......could keep going.

Why didnt he play out the year? Give him a proper chance to show something?

**** knows we've given enough deplorable players ample opportunity this year.

Surely back as a rookie

But who the hell knows with these guys running the joint.
It's confusing, Confuscius...

So we are going to cull cull cull and have all these list spaces, then what?
TAJiwVOQqlx4IY8_0iWvbTKeB_jtdZFjLV8bf808ADT8V2OnQ2_FsUmjyQSdVm9O9yGuXPhX-0oudxonrJej0ewYasXK4s4W_j_-kLx9Ymt6tU-rp04UqTjTB1O-y3SytonX2wLtyikrQf1RSWhNBk8=w498-h280-nc

It's been 5 years!!!!!!!!!

The traits that got him draft aren't there anymore. Not all players work out!
What's all this "5 years, 3 years" nonsense flying around this thread? It's bizarre.

We invested a lot in this player because, 3 years ago, we brought him to our club with our head coach repeating we would get him right, it would take time and that he was "here for a career." So over time and with some set-backs (that we were assured were just small speed-bumps and part of the process to get him right) we followed his journey.

We were assured time wasn't an issue with this player, we would wait to get him right.

Then this year he started showing something in the 2s, regularly accumulating 30+ possession games and, finally, earns his debut.

This all seemed pretty in line with the "Nathan is here for a career" line of thought.

He comes into one of the most tactically dysfunctional teams you will see and is stuck out on a wing for a couple of weeks. His debut is hardly as disastrous as you painted it with 19 possessions, a goal and 6 contested possessions with some tackles thrown in. The week after, he got a little less of the ball but the team were poor as a whole. He was hardly Robinson Crusoe there.

2 weeks later, no new hamstring injury from what we can see, just seeya later, you're de-listed? On the basis of 2 games that weren't even half as bad as Newne's stretch of about half a dozen games without a tackle?

If you can honestly read the above and still think what the club has done makes perfect sense well you've got a different grasp of logic than I do.

If he's de-listed because his body isn't up to it, fine. But don't feed us the "here for a career" line and expect us not to be miffed when he is cut loose after making a debut and not looking out of place.

For me the absolute must delists are wright, gilbert and joyce. Been a loyal sainter for a long time, but if they stay after the season weve had. Were keeping Richo. On top of that delist other players that are better than the above mentioned, next year, its going to be a struggle:(
You've missed the big one, the greatest spud of the lot, Weller. Happy if he has any trade value and gets us something better than a 4th round pick but can't see any club likely to do that. The Suns already completely fxxxed up with his brother so you wouldn't expect them to do it twice but we can only hope!

Because that's how long he's been in the system. The delisted after two games is nonsense not how long he's been on the list. I'd suggest the club monitoring his GPS data and also watching him closely in review knows exactly what he is and isn't capable of anymore. He just doesn't have the pace that saw him drafted.

Newnes played as a defensive forward. Their possession counts are always low. Freeman played as a midfielder and couldn't crack 20 disposals.

He's slow. His disposal isn't great. He's not an inside mid. Has no burst. We are wasting our time.

What's all this "5 years, 3 years" nonsense flying around this thread? It's bizarre.

We invested a lot in this player because, 3 years ago, we brought him to our club with our head coach repeating we would get him right, it would take time and that he was "here for a career." So over time and with some set-backs (that we were assured were just small speed-bumps and part of the process to get him right) we followed his journey.

We were assured time wasn't an issue with this player, we would wait to get him right.

Then this year he started showing something in the 2s, regularly accumulating 30+ possession games and, finally, earns his debut.

This all seemed pretty in line with the "Nathan is here for a career" line of thought.

He comes into one of the most tactically dysfunctional teams you will see and is stuck out on a wing for a couple of weeks. His debut is hardly as disastrous as you painted it with 19 possessions, a goal and 6 contested possessions with some tackles thrown in. The week after, he got a little less of the ball but the team were poor as a whole. He was hardly Robinson Crusoe there.

2 weeks later, no new hamstring injury from what we can see, just seeya later, you're de-listed? On the basis of 2 games that weren't even half as bad as Newne's stretch of about half a dozen games without a tackle?

If you can honestly read the above and still think what the club has done makes perfect sense well you've got a different grasp of logic than I do.

If he's de-listed because his body isn't up to it, fine. But don't feed us the "here for a career" line and expect us not to be miffed when he is cut loose after making a debut and not looking out of place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The main thing i don't understand is why hype up his debut for so many weeks on all the social media pages
pre and post debut, were they just trying to get everyone angry?

Freeze has been a feel good story. After 5 years, three with us working his backside off, we got him on the park and he finally played a couple of AFL games. Sounds like he is grateful for that.
It will be interesting to see in the next few days if Freeze comes out and says:

"I gave it my best shot.....I finally got onto the park.....but the reality is I now know my body just isn't up to it"

I'm tipping he will.

It will be interesting to see in the next few days if Freeze comes out and says:

"I gave it my best shot.....I finally got onto the park.....but the reality is I now know my body just isn't up to it"

I'm tipping he will.

If you read his tweet, he certainly doesn’t sound bitter about it.

Because that's how long he's been in the system. The delisted after two games is nonsense not how long he's been on the list. I'd suggest the club monitoring his GPS data and also watching him closely in review knows exactly what he is and isn't capable of anymore. He just doesn't have the pace that saw him drafted.

Newnes played as a defensive forward. Their possession counts are always low. Freeman played as a midfielder and couldn't crack 20 disposals.

He's slow. His disposal isn't great. He's not an inside mid. Has no burst. We are wasting our time.
I can't take you seriously if you honestly think a 19 possession debut game for a kid, stuck into a dysfunctional team like ours "proves" he doesn't have what it takes as a midfielder. Hell, that's been par for the course for many of our midfielders this year. Pretty impressive that Nathan matched it in his first game fighting the demons that were no doubt going around in his head. You can't honestly have expected anything more than that from him.

He may not have had the explosive pace he once had but he had but what was impressive about his year is that he was building and had re-invented himself into a consistent 30 plus possession midfielder without his pace and with a bung shoulder. That shows great footy smarts and definitely something to persist with after another pre-season.

And Newnes spell of half a dozen games or whatever it was without a tackle was the issue when he was playing as a mid early in the year ,not possessions. But while we are at it he had many games poorer than Freeman as well when he was a mid.....

Double-standards again at play. A complete back-flip on a player we had been told had the talent that we should invest in long-term. And a sudden de-listing. And people wonder why a lot of us are frustrated. :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back