Certified Legendary Thread Nathan Freeman Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Bugger me, seriously, Moby freaking Dick?!? Ugh, irritating as all hell. It relies far too much on sub-plots and pedantic descriptions, at the expense of the narrative that everybody wants: Ahab v White Whale.

I'll put my hat in the ring for Robinson Crusoe - now THERE is a flipping awesome classic novel!

Wife loved Moby Dick, then again she likes Patrick White so there you go.

Might park MD and look at Bros Kasamazov or Anna Kerenana, into Russian lit at the moment.

Have to admit War and Peace is an easy read, my cup of tea, historical fiction is always a favourite of mine.

Read the Masters of Rome series by Colleen McColluch in about three months. Have read it twice.

Robinson Crusoe hey? Never thought to read it, may well have a squiz.

Oh and Freeman is not on the injured list. (link to thread mods)

Talk about High Brow,
I have just finished the Chaser's Election Quarterly (Chaser spoof for the Federal election) and I am part way through Graeme Orr's Ritual and Rhythm in Electoral Systems: A Comparative Legal Account one was a quicker read than the other.

I like to read;

Saturday Afternoon Fever by Matt Hardy
The Draftees by Emma Quayle
The Draft by Emma Quayle
Heroes with Halos by Russell Holmesby
Lenny by Lenny Hayes
Banger by Robert Harvey

Once I accidentally read a book on Mary McKillop because it had something about a Saint in the title.

Wife loved Moby Dick, then again she likes Patrick White so there you go.

Might park MD and look at Bros Kasamazov or Anna Kerenana, into Russian lit at the moment.

Have to admit War and Peace is an easy read, my cup of tea, historical fiction is always a favourite of mine.

Read the Masters of Rome series by Colleen McColluch in about three months. Have read it twice.

Robinson Crusoe hey? Never thought to read it, may well have a squiz.

Oh and Freeman is not on the injured list. (link to thread mods)

This is my fault, but I'm kind of liking the direction this has gone in... Im hoping Freeman is the thinking footballer, as this thread would suggest.

If you interested in Historical novels, can I suggest:
- My Name is Red - Orhan Pamuk
- The Agony and the Ecstasy - Irving Stone (Michealangelo's life story)
- Crime and Punishment (Persevering Saint is correct, it is a more singularly focused novel, one big question, asked beautifully)
- The Sunflower - Simon Weisenthal (very short, the best Holocaust novel I know)
- Midnights Children - Salman Rushdie (set amongst historical events... Amazing)

Ok, I'm going to stop now...

I think i had to read "and the big men fly " when i was at school.

I reckon a good tv show would be a TV show based on behind the scenes goings on at a fictional footy team, maybe a bit like footballers wives, but with AFL and lots of thinly disguised adaptations of real life happenings. Looking at you front and center Wayne Carey.

This is my fault, but I'm kind of liking the direction this has gone in... Im hoping Freeman is the thinking footballer, as this thread would suggest.

If you interested in Historical novels, can I suggest:
- My Name is Red - Orhan Pamuk
- The Agony and the Ecstasy - Irving Stone (Michealangelo's life story)
- Crime and Punishment (Persevering Saint is correct, it is a more singularly focused novel, one big question, asked beautifully)
- The Sunflower - Simon Weisenthal (very short, the best Holocaust novel I know)
- Midnights Children - Salman Rushdie (set amongst historical events... Amazing)

Ok, I'm going to stop now...

"The agony and the ecstasy" was wonderful, as was "Lust for Life" about Van Gogh, by the same author.
"Night" by holocaust survivor, Elie Wiesel, who just passed away last week, is really worth reading.

...and on a lighter note, any of the travel books by Bill Bryson, particularly
"Downunder" and "A walk in the woods" are entertaining reads.

I think i had to read "and the big men fly " when i was at school.

I reckon a good tv show would be a TV show based on behind the scenes goings on at a fictional footy team, maybe a bit like footballers wives, but with AFL and lots of thinly disguised adaptations of real life happenings. Looking at you front and center Wayne Carey.
Like The Club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"The agony and the ecstasy" was wonderful, as was "Lust for Life" about Van Gogh, by the same author.
"Night" by holocaust survivor, Elie Wiesel, who just passed away last week, is really worth reading.

...and on a lighter note, any of the travel books by Bill Bryson, particularly
"Downunder" and "A walk in the woods" are entertaining reads.
Bryson's travel books were very good. His reprise on Britian is just him being a grumpy old whinger though.
Read ' A Short History of Everything' by him. Mind blowing how little we actually know about anything at all.

Like The Club?

but better , i'm thinking series.
Sorry but we have to put everything in it. Eagles on drugs, Carey and Stevens , StKilda Schoolgirl ( which is more a "manager scandal " as it turns out ) burning dwarf. Elliot organising a party in a brothel. All lumped onto one fictional team. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back