Certified Legendary Thread Nathan Freeman Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on good classic books, can I recommend some of the audio books at Librivox? A great place to get old books, read for you. While some of them are serious amateur hour, some are just amazingly read, and all are free.

One great example, is one of the finest historical novels of all time (Joff, you'd love it): Charles Dickins' A Tale of Two Cities, and read by Paul Adams: https://librivox.org/a-tale-of-two-cities-by-charles-dickens-2/ . I'm almost embarrassed none of us have mentioned Dickins already in this discussion.

For those with a masochistic streak ;) , there's actually a fine rendition of Moby Dick on there, too, read by Stewart Mills. https://librivox.org/moby-dick-by-herman-melville

I've listened to The Count of Monte Cristo on there too - it's an awful pig's breakfast of a recording, but as books go, it's so good you can get over that. Seriously, Demas is the bomb.

Anyone read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? Just started it and have somehow gotten through life without watching Bladerunner, so not sure what to expect.
Phillip Dick what an interesting guy.

Anyone don't know, Blade Runner was based on the above

Sandy team
Sandringham

B

44. B Murdoch

69. L Delaney

20. E Le Grice

HB

34. E Templeton

1. T Simpkin

35. T Lee

C

70. D McKenzie

72. S Ross

39. C Shenton

HF

66. J Sinclair

71. L Pierce

31. J Gresham

F

73. N Coughlan

47. J Fisscher

32. J Lonie

R

74. B Longer

9. M Cook

2. K Answerth

Int

33. N Freeman

63. N O'Kearney

8. T Dennis-Lane

65. B White

12. K Ong

77. J Holmes

15. D Weickhardt

75. B Rice

36. B Payne

13. J Noone

78. J Baker-Thomas

11. M Wilkins

23P

52. J Haidon

Yep and he wrote the short stories that Minority Report and Total Recall are based on. A genius.

Since this is the anything and everything thread, anyone who likes PKD should check out Harry Harrison's Stainless Steel Rat series. A great read, and Harrison seems to have an absurd grasp of emergent / future technologies given the books were written in the late 50s and early 60s.

It wasn't so much struggles in the league itself, more staying fit enough to play.

In terms of performance he proved he could smash the dev league and wasn't at that level.

If he's going to ping his hammy may as well do it in the VFL, and if he's going to make it then he needs to come back this way.
Always wonder if it will get to the point that they just chuck him in the afl if he continually gets injured next couple years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes it was from memory. Good book but I was pretty young when I read it.

I'm related to Freeman on my mums side so checked out the church and graves of some of the Freeman's in Cornwall on my current trip to Europe. Hopefully clearing the weeds from some ancestors gives him some luck. He needs a few watching over him.

Bugger me, seriously, Moby freaking Dick?!? Ugh, irritating as all hell. It relies far too much on sub-plots and pedantic descriptions, at the expense of the narrative that everybody wants: Ahab v White Whale.

I'll put my hat in the ring for Robinson Crusoe - now THERE is a flipping awesome classic novel!

Patrick White is the one for me. Voss, Tree of Man, Solid Mandala, Eye of the Storm, etc. All well worth reading if you haven't already.

I'm related to Freeman on my mums side so checked out the church and graves of some of the Freeman's in Cornwall on my current trip to Europe.
Hopefully none of them died of hamstring related medical issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has more to do with Freeman's mindset than it does his hamstring.

That is what's holding him back more than his actual physical issues at the moment.

Could be he vote of confidence he needs to actually believe in himself and his leg.

This has more to do with Freeman's mindset than it does his hamstring.

That is what's holding him back more than his actual physical issues at the moment.

Could be he vote of confidence he needs to actually believe in himself and his leg.

Srs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back