Player Watch Nathan Freeman

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
afl_od764_1779-500x500.jpg

I got this when it was released (still have it at my mum's house I think), great book.
I have it too.
Good book.
Taylor has gone a bit potty over time though....unfortunately.

So we have a bloke we really don't want on our list?
We have to put up with people we don't want in all areas of our lives....

Can't we change the thread title to "Goodbye..."

Like we have welcome threads?

Thanks for getting on the piss hard while you were in rehab Freeman...

Not good enough for Collingwood's 2016 best 22... gotta respect a man who knows his own limitations.

Good luck.

Spineless.

Oh come on! That sort of thing would happen at all clubs, you'd be well aware of that. Hawthorn were shopping Schoenmakers around only a year or so ago when he didn't want to leave, now he's a premiership hero for them.

I think that if he had his time again, he would rephrase the question as

So We have a Bloke we Really don't Want on our List?

Freeloader currently leading the 2016 pile driver awards.
What a terrible waste of a top 10 pick.
We got shafted on this trade.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hated Beamsy leaving the most, but I never thought Daisy Skywalker would walk out on us for Darth Mick. But we know how that story ends.
Daisy for fills the prophecy by killing Mick and letting him self die to save his son who will not give in and play for Carlton. Thus destroying the blues and bringing balance to the league

Probably! I'm sure TG has lots of regrets, becoming a Collingwood supporter in the first place is seemingly on the top of the list.

Just think.... one day he wasn't a supporter.... and then the next day he was... a turning point in his life.... a path to despair and anger

Whoever did the character test on Freeman should be sacked.
Haven't you brought this rubbish up before?! Someone at Hawthorn decided Dayle Garlett was worth getting. At Adelaide Laurence Angwin was pick 7, didn't work out well. Carlton took a punt on him as well, even though it was only in the Rookie Draft.

There wasn't that much value after pick 5-6 in that draft anyway. He was worth a punt - now he's going and we're getting Treloar. Who cares about this bloke!

Haven't you brought this rubbish up before?! Someone at Hawthorn decided Dayle Garlett was worth getting. At Adelaide Laurence Angwin was pick 7, didn't work out well. Carlton took a punt on him as well, even though it was only in the Rookie Draft.

Hawthorn won a flag the year before they drafted Garlett. They could afford to take a gamble.

We were in a rebuild and burnt a top 10 on him.

There wasn't that much value after pick 5-6 in that draft anyway. He was worth a punt - now he's going and we're getting Treloar. Who cares about this bloke!

Yeah there was only:

Sheed
McCarthy
Cripps
Dunstan
Acres
Impey
Crouch
Hartung
McStay
Merrett
Taylor
J.Kolodjashnij

But apart from them there was nothing!

Hawthorn won a flag the year before they drafted Garlett. They could afford to take a gamble.

Carlton took Murphy, Gibbs, Kruezer with 3 straight No 1 picks.
Melbourne took Watts No 1.
Richmond took Tambling ahead of Buddy.
Freo took Morabito with a top pick.

Thats the draft. Deal with it. No-one has a crystal ball.

Now lets balance Freeman with low draft picks like Fasolo, Langdon, Marsh, or rookies like Williams and Frost.

So we could have gone for Cameron McCarthy, who would have looked like an ideal pickup, and might have passed the character test with flying colours. Now you'd be complaining about how we stuffed up, and should have seen it coming. As the previous poster has just suggested, mistakes happen, we draft better than most.

Collingwood rightfully claim they invest more into recruiting than any other club. Saying other clubs make mistakes, please. None of the players raised had character issues.

A big part of recruitment is determining the character of a player.

Carlton took Murphy, Gibbs, Kruezer with 3 straight No 1 picks.
Melbourne took Watts No 1.
Richmond took Tambling ahead of Buddy.
Freo took Morabito with a top pick.

Thats the draft. Deal with it. No-one has a crystal ball.

Now lets balance Freeman with low draft picks like Fasolo, Langdon, Marsh, or rookies like Williams and Frost.

Also remember almost half of the team that took the field and won the grand final in 2010 were off the rookie list.

Yeah there was only:

Sheed
McCarthy
Cripps
Dunstan
Acres
Impey
Crouch
Hartung
McStay
Merrett
Taylor
J.Kolodjashnij

But apart from them there was nothing!
Some of those are OK, but let's face it, how many will be guns for a long time? 2-3 at most, so Freeman wasn't that big of a miss. As I said, his trade indirectly allows us to net Treloar...so there's really not much to be upset about. It's not like Hine stuffs it up all the time - and he might not have even stuffed this up, as Freeman might just need time (not with us), so some people need to get over it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back