Universal Love Nathan Fyfe 2019 Brownlow Medal Winner

Cayman Docker

Team Captain
Jun 6, 2015
Cayman Islands B.W.I
AFL Club
Fremantle
wow!!! saw this on Facebook about the bigger headline isn’t even fyfe. What a joke of a newspaper lol View attachment 752149

Being overseas and reading many of the guys and gals in here complaining about the bias of the West, I didn’t really believe to be honest??

I (naively) assumed that the West would have a PROFESSIONAL responsibility to the State to uphold, a kind of Doctrine of soughts to publish fair and unbiased news from the fence?

I too initially thought it was probably a clever mock-up by some Joker having a laugh.

Now wrong was I?

Seriously, when was the last time a West Aussie country kid won 2 friggin BROWNLOW’S? We as a State shouldn’t give a s**t who he plays for, and collectively we should all be celebrating just what an achievement this really is - for West Aussie Footy.

That a potential cheat takes precedence.... and so blatantly?!

Just surreal.

Last edited:

vidwhal

Grade A Douchebag
Oct 4, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
New York Knicks
Pardon the intrusion but does this win put Fyfe > Pav in the pantheon of Freo greats?
Interesting. My missus who is a Saints fan straight out believes Fyfe is better than Pavlich. Our rose tinted glasses obscures that view abit but I think she's right.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

DeanS

Club Legend
May 16, 2007
Tuart Hill
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Perth
Haven’t read the whole thread so not sure if this has been asked, but the photo of Tom Mitchell handing the medal to Fyfe made me wonder - did they play in the same Colts team at Claremont?

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Haven’t read the whole thread so not sure if this has been asked, but the photo of Tom Mitchell handing the medal to Fyfe made me wonder - did they play in the same Colts team at Claremont?

Possible. Mitchell was drafted 2 years after Fyfe, moved to Perth from the east when he was 15yo, but it I read that he played a handful of colts games for Claremont before going back east.

Edit: Possibly not. Article after his Brownlow win says that Mitchell made his colts debut in 2010 for Claremont. Maybe as an opponent or teammate a lower level as it says Mitchell played for Hale School seniors when he was in Year 10.

Last edited:

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
You know the funny thing about the ridiculously biased front page of The Worst? They (and the WCE dumb fans) believe that a media poll is somehow relevant in the outcome of an ASADA, and potentially WADA, investigation into a guy who cheated his urine sample - possibly the worst of all the doping crimes that there is. It's three-quarters of the front page of a newspaper that will have no bearing on what ASADA decides. He cheated. It wasn't even a masking agent - it wasn't even pee!

If ASADA throw the book at poor devastated cheat Weellie for his lil mistake, then choosing to cover the results of a totally irrelevant 'Free Willie" campaign, instead of covering a story about WA's first ever dual Brownlow Medallist on the day immediately after, is going to be laughable at the least.

Last edited:

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

Don't think so, but Mitchell's dad was coaching at Freo when Fyfe was an up and comer

wan-0010983-FRONT-PAGE-OF-THE-WEST-AUSTRALIAN.jpg

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
You know the funny thing about the ridiculously biased front page of The Worst? They (and the WCE dumb fans) believe that a media poll is somehow relevant in the outcome of an ASADA, and potentially WADA, investigation into a guy who cheated his urine sample - possibly the worst of all the doping crimes that there is. It's three-quarters of the front page of a newspaper that will have no bearing on what ASADA decides. He cheated. It wasn't even a masking agent - it wasn't even pee!

If ASADA throw the book at poor devastated cheat Weellie for his lil mistake, then choosing to cover the results of a totally irrelevant of 'Free Willie" campaign, instead of covering a story about WA's first ever dual Brownlow Medallist on the day immediately, is going to be laughable at the least.

2 lil mistakes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ilikepotatoes

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Pistons, Glory
Fitness permitting, I think it'll be hard to go to another level, but it may be viewed as that under a new coach. The only thing Dusty and Danger have over him is goal kicking, I'm certain that will change.

Stuart88

Team Captain
May 10, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea
Cool seeing the shoutout to his bro Liam. I randomly met him, his wife & twin boys the other week at my neighbour's bbq. Just a simple, laid back down to earth country / truck driving guy.
I was like "so how do you guys know each other?" My neighbour goes "I used to drive trucks with Liam down at Lake Grace". My wife then chimes in "Lake Grace? I suppose you know Nat Fyfe then?" To which Liam replies "yeah I know him unfortunately (joking)... I'm his brother" Haha we were like wtf is Nat Fyfe's brother doing at our neighbour's bbq in Safety Bay?

Last edited:
Back