Universal Love Nathan Fyfe 2019 Brownlow Medal Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of red carpet chat but I see Elli added black sleeves to her dress and it doesn't seem part of it. I wonder if this was in homage to Fyfe's sleeves all season? If so that is pretty cute.

Langdon did say that he thought Grundy should win it before the count.
Polled alright too Grundy, for a big fella.
Langdon is one of the few Toast morons to give Freo a bit of unbiased criticism.
There are worse out there!

Langdon having a whinge on 6PR why Fyfe shouldn't have won the Brownlow

LOL, my first thought was WTAF Ed?? Leaving the club is one thing, but bagging out Fyfe on the radio is next level!

Anyway, what were the oracle's reasons that Fyfe was not worthy? It was Shannon Hurn's 3 votes, wasn't it?

So who does Nat Fyfe shake hands with just before he goes up on to the stage to accept his medal?

Attachments

• E8A415A6-C095-4293-A95A-17DC736C2A31.png
    E8A415A6-C095-4293-A95A-17DC736C2A31.png
    937.6 KB · Views: 295

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Conca has been very good, got any more ??? How about Dusty?
Depends what you’re looking for we have a few players in our twos who would play ones at afl level at other clubs

Last year for example players we traded/fa
Conca solid role player
Miles same at suns
Lloyd had a good year at the dogs
Corey Ellis is a spud

This year in our twos
Egg-smith can play ones
Kmac solid role player killed brad hill earlier this year
Menadue too good for vfl level
Naish 3rd in jj Liston
Markov inconsistent but has talent
Butler premiership player
Pickett who our coaches love

And a few others

Depends what you’re looking for we have a few players in our twos who would play ones at afl level at other clubs

Last year for example players we traded/fa
Conca solid role player
Miles same at suns
Lloyd had a good year at the dogs
Corey Ellis is a spud

This year in our twos
Egg-smith can play ones
Kmac solid role player killed brad hill earlier this year
Menadue too good for vfl level
Naish 3rd in jj Liston
Markov inconsistent but has talent
Butler premiership player
Pickett who our coaches love

And a few others
Super player deserving of being a two time winner
Will always be haunted by the Tambling over Buddy and fiora over the Pav but these were at the pointy end of the draft.
The one that stings is we could have got Dusty and Nat in the same draft ....a mad tiger fan that our recruiting staff didn't even speak to .... oh what could have been

Of course - what local radio station wouldn't object to a local winner of a national medal?!
So much this. It’s disgusting isn’t it?

A second one I might add .never done by WA player before.

In all this faux pa controversy (west front , cover, wasted Willie and if fyfe even was deserving)I’m finding it a bit sad really nats achievement is actually being a bit underrated here for what I’d say is quite a monumental and rare feat for a footballer from this state IN this state and most notably by people in this State

And all over pathetic petty allegiances.

It’s times like this when the rest of Australia accuses us of being backward yocals that you can actually see they may have a point.

Super player deserving of being a two time winner
Will always be haunted by the Tambling over Buddy and fiora over the Pav but these were at the pointy end of the draft.
The one that stings is we could have got Dusty and Nat in the same draft ....a mad tiger fan that our recruiting staff didn't even speak to .... oh what could have been
Dusty and Nat -yep what a combo, it also can give you an idea of how we felt when mora couldn’t overcome his knee issues(our dusty) and what might’ve been

Forgive me but I just read all the negative, salty crap on the WCE forum like they were hard done by and how Nat was gifted votes and a less crap player in a crap team. Talk about tall poppy syndrome synonymous with he west media. So lucky to have this bloke play for us and can't understand how people can degrade a champion of the game regardless of the jumper he wears.

While the umpire voting system is probably not for everyone, you gotta say this year it came up roses turning up a more objective result.

The numbers showed Fyfe had an amazing year and closer observers of Freo could see how much he dominated so many times...the media and non-Freo public were largely oblivious to his chances with Freo's games rarely gracing the spotlight.

Having umpires cast votes on a week to week basis was a great antidote to pre-conceived biases founded in ignorance.

Last edited:
Forgive me but I just read all the negative, salty crap on the WCE forum like they were hard done by and how Nat was gifted votes and a less crap player in a crap team. Talk about tall poppy syndrome synonymous with he west media. So lucky to have this bloke play for us and can't understand how people can degrade a champion of the game regardless of the jumper he wears.
In fairness, they were pretty scathing of their own last Brownlow medallist until he hung up the boots. I'm pretty convinced their whole board is just a bunch of crusty old men sitting on their couch sipping tea/chardonnay, spooning in the oat meal, shouting at clouds, and just being jealous of anyone with hair. At least our crusty old men supporters get down to watch training (sort of), shout at clouds, consume coffee/pastries, and dream of having flowing locks of hair.

Loving the pure salt on the Floggles board at the moment. First Hurn getting overlooked as captain of the AA side, now Fyfe winning the Brownlow whilst they all sit and wonder why their team of supposed superstars failed to poll enough votes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back