Traded Nathan Hrovat [traded with 2017 3rd and 4th round pks to NM for 2017 3rd and 4th round pks]

Remove this Banner Ad

Bemoreboyddog

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Seems to be getting some interest from rival clubs, as he did at the end of last year.

Personally, can't see him reaching his potential at the dogs. Could be more valuable elsewhere.

I've heard the Saints are interested. Not sure where he'd fit in. What would the dogs expect for him?
We would ask for a second rounder, but I'm not sure we would get that. End of the day he's uncontracted and has been shopped by us in the past (GWS reportedly offered two seconds last year, which we accepted in principle until Rat vetoed it); a deal will get done.

We would ask for a second rounder, but I'm not sure we would get that. End of the day he's uncontracted and has been shopped by us in the past (GWS reportedly offered two seconds last year, which we accepted in principle until Rat vetoed it); a deal will get done.
Gold Coast would definitely be the best club to do a deal with as they are desperate to add to their midfield and they'll have picks coming out of their buttholes.

Gold Coast would definitely be the best club to do a deal with as they are desperate to add to their midfield and they'll have picks coming out of their buttholes.
Rat doesn't want to go interstate if it can be avoided - as was the issue with GWS' interest last year. With the Saints and Blues seemingly both interested you can probably rule out him going to GC.

Blues well in the mix.

The asking price may be the issue.
Think the Blues might be a better fit for him, think saints are a bit deeper in the midfield than the blues.

If he went to GC I think we could expect a 2nd. Out of saints and blues I doubt we'd get a 2nd but maybe something like Hrovat and our second for Blues/Saints second?

Think the Blues might be a better fit for him, think saints are a bit deeper in the midfield than the blues.

If he went to GC I think we could expect a 2nd. Out of saints and blues I doubt we'd get a 2nd but maybe something like Hrovat and our second for Blues/Saints second?

I think so. We'd have the shallowest midfield of any team, right now. Basically have no-one after Cripps, Gibbs, Murphy & Curnow. That's thin.

Bolton needs more mids and we've had interest in Hrovat for some time.

I think so. We'd have the shallowest midfield of any time, right now. Basically have no-one after Cripps, Gibbs, Murphy & Curnow. That's thin.

Bolton needs more mids and we've had interest in Hrovat for some time.
you guys might have to throw in your 3rd as well. As it stands, if we drop out next week, we'll probably have pick 31ish and you guys 23. So the above deal I mentioned leaves Rats value at about 200 points which equates to pick 55. Throw in your 3rd and that leaves the value about pick 30 which I think is closer to the mark for him. Your second alone is overs I would say.

Saints I would hope would come up with something of similar value.

We don't have a second this year and will likely use next years on Steele so I'm not sure what we'd offer. I would have thought a late second would be about right, maybe our third round pick?

you guys might have to throw in your 3rd as well. As it stands, if we drop out next week, we'll probably have pick 31ish and you guys 23. So the above deal I mentioned leaves Rats value at about 200 points which equates to pick 55. Throw in your 3rd and that leaves the value about pick 30 which I think is closer to the mark for him. Your second alone is overs I would say.

Saints I would hope would come up with something of similar value.

Our second may be a little too high but a second probably isn't.
I agree that something between 30 - 40 should see things through.

Hrovat was a pick #21 and it seems like a matter of him being at the wrong place at the wrong time for him not to be a regular 22.
I'd be very happy with him, should a ~ #30 do the job.

We don't have a second this year and will likely use next years on Steele so I'm not sure what we'd offer. I would have thought a late second would be about right, maybe our third round pick?
Not gonna lie, I'd be disappointed with pick 46 alone. Not saying it won't or can't happen, but I personally would sooner keep him. Not as simple as that though unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blues surely are the best fit. We saw against Bombers without Murphy and Curnow our midfield is paper thin. He'd end up being one of the main guys in the engine room next year if he gives it a red hot go. Really rated he's under 18 year and think he needs to move now to get anywhere near he's potential. Doggies have a good development program for their players so he should still have scope to get there and be a very good player. Mid to late 30's pick, solely due to be uncontracted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will look for a pick upgrade so he can count as one of our 3 list changes.

Maybe Hrovat for a 2nd and 2017 3rd round pick upgrade to Carlton?

We will get unders if he goes to St Kilda unfortunately

What type of players would be targeted in a player swap for Hrovat?
Outside runner, inside mid, utility, kpp?

What type of players would be targeted in a player swap for Hrovat?
Outside runner, inside mid, utility, kpp?
At a guess, KPP, general forward or runner with good skills. More likely to be a pick involved though I'd say.

would like him at Port.
has good foot skills and good goal sense.

we probably dont have the means to do it though, unless the Dogs want Lobbe in a straight swap...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back