Nathan Jones 300 🥳🥳🥳🥳🤗🤗🤗

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as I love and respect Chunk, and the romance of it all, gifting him a spot when the stakes are so high, would be very inconsistent with with what we have done this year. Also, it wouldn't be very Chunk-like to be gifted a spot, he has always earned his spot, he'd actually find it disrespectful if we gifted him a spot. To add to that, he is the type of guy that if he feels like there is someone better for his position, then he will humbly step aside for the interest of the team going forward.

Although, if he goes God mode for that one day that would be fun and nostalgic to behold.

Ultimately, like it has always been with Chunk, it is up to him whether he is good enough to earn that position.

I don't think he'd actually lose the game for us if he happened to be called upon early due to injury, he'd try his guts out and probably give the team a big morale boost. However, would I rather see Nathan Jones play in a grand final or us actually win a grand final? I know which one I'd prefer.

Yeah, I don't think they'll bring him in unless injuries dictate so.

However, I also think the risk of him being the medi-sub is tiny in the grand scheme of things when you consider our form and fitness over the year. So I won't bitch and moan if he is the sub.

Those saying he was gifted games to get to 300 couldn't be more wrong. He doesn't start Rd 1 unless he is considered best 22 at that stage. Romance doesn't extend to that. Still in the mix as in the top 26-28 players right now in the group.

I'd be fine with him being sub in finals if he was actually sub leading up to them but he wasn't and you don't * with a chance for a flag for added fairytale bullshit. let's just try win it with our best 23 please and thank you. keeps Jones on the list for 3 more years and make him sub when we are going for our 4th in a row.
But if anything he has to be sub this week against the fossils if we are planning to play him as sub in the GF to stop any bullshit if we do make it and lose and he looks like trash the media will roast us for getting ahead of ourselves. Think I'd rather him go out as a 300 game warrior. than Melbourne being too cute and giving up golden opportunity for a flag

Hibberd’s elevation is bad news for veteran Nathan Jones, who was banking on an injury or late change of heart from Goodwin to keep his dreams of a fairytale premiership alive.

The veteran will likely fly home to Melbourne on Saturday if he is not selected this week for the birth of his and his wife’s twins.

Western Australia’s quarantine regulations mean he will not be able to re-join his teammates and push for a Grand Final call-up if the Demons defeat the Cats.

Jones has impressed insiders with his form in recent weeks, dominating scratch matches and forcing his way into the reckoning. But competition for spots is tight and Jones has been selected for just one game since Round 7, and in that match he was the unused medical sub.

Might not be happening folks. In fact he might not even be there :(

I'd be fine with him being sub in finals if he was actually sub leading up to them but he wasn't and you don't fu** with a chance for a flag for added fairytale bullshit. let's just try win it with our best 23 please and thank you. keeps Jones on the list for 3 more years and make him sub when we are going for our 4th in a row.
But if anything he has to be sub this week against the fossils if we are planning to play him as sub in the GF to stop any bullshit if we do make it and lose and he looks like trash the media will roast us for getting ahead of ourselves. Think I'd rather him go out as a 300 game warrior. than Melbourne being too cute and giving up golden opportunity for a flag
My thoughts exactly.

Sounds like he's off home this week if not picked anyway, even if we win. Will head there and help his wife out.

Unfortunately there will always be stories around finals time of this or that player being unlucky to miss a prelim or possibly a Grand Final . I remember D.Kickett being left out of the Bombers flag side one year . It happens . R.Flower missed out on playing in a Grand Final . It happens . Sad for chunk if he misses out , but we all know he has been a huge part of this , and we really need to focus on beating the Cats first before anything else .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back