Recommitted Nathan Jones [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

It's an interesting situation. I think Jones has been poor this season and there is a lot of his type at the club, but equally do you really want to do a James McDonald/Cameron Bruce? I guess the club is a bit more experienced than what it was 10 years ago but something something one bitten twice shy.

It will be interesting to see how the Demons change the list over the off season with the issues they have faced this season and with Jones really the only veteran mid on the list with Gawn turning 28 at the end of the year the next eldest. I cant see him leaving after his time at the club I feel it could lead to some issues with the playing group but it could be he needs to earn his spot in the 22 and needs to play a different role and he should be getting between 400-500k imo and they should have $ in the SC with the young mids not on massive money

Culturally would not be good for melbourne to totally disrespect jones and let him leave due to $$$ after the loyalty he has shown over the years

He should be offered a min $400k x 2 year contract to stay a 1 club player and loyalty works both ways if thats what they are asking from their future stars

If the dollars mentioned are true its totally disgraceful from melbourne for such a player

Culturally would not be good for melbourne to totally disrespect jones and let him leave due to $$$ after the loyalty he has shown over the years

He should be offered a min $400k x 2 year contract to stay a 1 club player and loyalty works both ways if thats what they are asking from their future stars

If the dollars mentioned are true its totally disgraceful from melbourne for such a player

Playing devils advocate here, maybe the club payed him significant overs during the dark days when they had very few others to pay and now he should repay the faith by accepting 100k less?

I'm sure part of his loyalty would have been how much he was being paid.

Certainly doesn't warrant a 2 year deal, a 1+1 based on incentives (say 14 games) seems right to me.

If he hadn't of been such a warrior for the club I'm not sure he is around next year goingoff current form.

And both dodgy kicking, exactly what GCS needed.

Can't have it all. Their good infinitely outweighs their bad in regards to playing for GC. Strong mature bodies, both well regarded and driven leaders, relatively durable, tough as nails etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't have it all. Their good infinitely outweighs their bad in regards to playing for GC. Strong mature bodies, both well regarded and driven leaders, relatively durable, tough as nails etc
Leaders, both do get the hard ball and turn it over to opposition half back to counter attack. Remind me of GHS.

I don't get people said all this bulls**t, if don't work out, you will come out and said why GCS paid high wages for him instead of getting someone better.

I think someone like Gibbs would be a better fit for The Suns than a washed up Nat Jones, who is more cooked than a Christmas Dinner.

I think someone like Gibbs would be a better fit for The Suns than a washed up Nat Jones, who is more cooked than a Christmas Dinner.
I don't think any of them are good for the culture, both are coming for retirement fund not for the club. I rather go for Burgoyne one year if cook trasition into development coach. Gibbs is that type of player that only think for himself.

Ultimately both are easily in your best 10 let alone 22 so I wouldn't overthink it
i agree but if they are injured , is all back to square one . Sooner or later kids need to grow up . Look at Melbourne and Carlton result with/without Nathan Jones and Gibbs not much different .Melbourne still bottom apart from last year . Carlton is doing fine without Gibbs and beat Adelaide.

It's an interesting situation. I think Jones has been poor this season and there is a lot of his type at the club, but equally do you really want to do a James McDonald/Cameron Bruce? I guess the club is a bit more experienced than what it was 10 years ago but something something one bitten twice shy.

Cameron Bruce?

You mean the guy who was offered a contract that would put him in the top 3 paid bracket at the club, then rejected it after the end of the trade period so he could walk to Hawthorn for free?

Something something complete load of crap something

Cameron Bruce?

You mean the guy who was offered a contract that would put him in the top 3 paid bracket at the club, then rejected it after the end of the trade period so he could walk to Hawthorn for free?

Something something complete load of crap something
Cam Bruce left Melbourne the same year James McDonald was cut after Macca was in arguably career best form. Bruce was offered a one year contract by Melbourne and he believed he would get cut after that one year deal regardless how well he played. He wanted 2 years minimum, Melbourne didn’t offer him 2 years so he left.

Unfortunately his time is up at Melbourne unless he takes a pay cut

Last 3 years he has been paid for the bare minimum effort

Cam Bruce left Melbourne the same year James McDonald was cut after Macca was in arguably career best form. Bruce was offered a one year contract by Melbourne and he believed he would get cut after that one year deal regardless how well he played. He wanted 2 years minimum, Melbourne didn’t offer him 2 years so he left.

He was also going to be one of the highest paid at the club, Bruce did a dog act by telling Melbourne he was going to leave after the trade period.

As for Jnr, nothing he did at GWS suggested we made an error in delisting him, he was finished. Actually the same could be said for Bruce at Hawthorn

He was also going to be one of the highest paid at the club, Bruce did a dog act by telling Melbourne he was going to leave after the trade period.

As for Jnr, nothing he did at GWS suggested we made an error in delisting him, he was finished. Actually the same could be said for Bruce at Hawthorn
Bruce didn’t want to stay for money. He wanted the club to show him some loyalty that wasn’t shown to many of his long term teammates. What a Dog.

McDonald was still in career top form when Melbourne got rid of him, he had a year off before he went to GWS. A year off without training believing you won’t play again, I’m sure you’d lose some form at his age.

Regardless of how well either of them went, Melbourne discarded it’s long term leaders and the club suffered leadership issues for many years, appointing a 20 and a 22 year olds as captains.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back