Recommitted Nathan Jones [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Bruce didn’t want to stay for money. He wanted the club to show him some loyalty that wasn’t shown to many of his long term teammates. What a Dog.

McDonald was still in career top form when Melbourne got rid of him, he had a year off before he went to GWS. A year off without training believing you won’t play again, I’m sure you’d lose some form at his age.

Regardless of how well either of them went, Melbourne discarded it’s long term leaders and the club suffered leadership issues for many years, appointing a 20 and a 22 year olds as captains.

Rubbish

What better way to show loyalty than to make him the highest paid player at the club? He would have made way more at Melbourne in 1 year than 2 at Hawthorn. The dog went chasing success at Hawthorn, he didn't tell the club he rejected the contract until after the trade period finished so he could walk there for nothing. No matter how you try to spin it his actions were a dog act.

Then his mate dumped him after 10 games at the Hawks lol, he was clearly finished another so he did Melbourne a favour, the Hawks got to experience his hosptial handpasses and they didn't like it.

As for Junior, he was finished, his last year at Melbourne was ordinary, his time at GWS was embarrassing

but to try and spin it that Melbourne discarded Bruce is absolute bullshit

He was also going to be one of the highest paid at the club, Bruce did a dog act by telling Melbourne he was going to leave after the trade period.

As for Jnr, nothing he did at GWS suggested we made an error in delisting him, he was finished. Actually the same could be said for Bruce at Hawthorn
Mcdonald hadnt played AFL for a year when he went to GWS! No onder he didnt set the world on fire.

Bruce saw the writing on the wall and jumped ship before the club got the chance to * him over

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Rubbish

What better way to show loyalty than to make him the highest paid player at the club? He would have made way more at Melbourne in 1 year than 2 at Hawthorn. The dog went chasing success at Hawthorn, he didn't tell the club he rejected the contract until after the trade period finished so he could walk there for nothing. No matter how you try to spin it his actions were a dog act.

Then his mate dumped him after 10 games at the Hawks lol, he was clearly finished another so he did Melbourne a favour, the Hawks got to experience his hosptial handpasses and they didn't like it.

As for Junior, he was finished, his last year at Melbourne was ordinary, his time at GWS was embarrassing

but to try and spin it that Melbourne discarded Bruce is absolute bulls**t
seems like we made alot of great list management calls around the time

Rubbish

but to try and spin it that Melbourne discarded Bruce is absolute bulls**t
Bruce was given a one year contract with a hefty pay cut from Melbourne, he was not going to be one of the highest paid players at Melbourne.

Bruce and McDonald were in top form during their last year at Melbourne, regardless of what happened after, the club did not offer contracts that were to keep its leadership.

Melbourne were on the rise after 2010, many believed bound for success in the near future. Hawthorn were 7th and only won 4 more games than Melbourne, if he wanted success he would of gone to one of the top 4 clubs which were all Victorian clubs.

Melbourne had stuff all leadership in 2011, the promising team went backwards with a 186 point loss to Geelong.

It’s not about how well the players played those following years, the youngsters went backward without leaders, were you happy with Melbourne 2011-2013? 617B45D0-E0D3-40B9-847B-64AFAF9EF05A.jpeg

He looks done to me as a midfielder. Doesn’t have the kicking skill to do an Ablett and go to the forward line, doesn’t have the speed to be a decent winger, etc etc. Just looks slow and tired.

Don’t know I used to be a huge fan of him but years of holding up Melbs midfield have taken their toll. Maybe he just had a bad year.

Bruce was given a one year contract with a hefty pay cut from Melbourne, he was not going to be one of the highest paid players at Melbourne.

Bruce and McDonald were in top form during their last year at Melbourne, regardless of what happened after, the club did not offer contracts that were to keep its leadership.

Melbourne were on the rise after 2010, many believed bound for success in the near future. Hawthorn were 7th and only won 4 more games than Melbourne, if he wanted success he would of gone to one of the top 4 clubs which were all Victorian clubs.

Melbourne had stuff all leadership in 2011, the promising team went backwards with a 186 point loss to Geelong.

It’s not about how well the players played those following years, the youngsters went backward without leaders, were you happy with Melbourne 2011-2013?View attachment 718473

Yeah, he got together with Clarkson and worked out a way for him to get to the Hawks for nothing, telling the club he hadn't made his decision yet.

Absolute dog act

but thank you for admitting that the club didn't discard, nice of you to post evidence proving I'm right

Mcdonald hadnt played AFL for a year when he went to GWS! No onder he didnt set the world on fire.

Bruce saw the writing on the wall and jumped ship before the club got the chance to fu** him over

So he got ****ed over by the Hawks instead?

Thanks for helping me prove that the club didn't discard him

Yeah, he got together with Clarkson and worked out a way for him to get to the Hawks for nothing, telling the club he hadn't made his decision yet.

Absolute dog act

but thank you for admitting that the club didn't discard, nice of you to post evidence proving I'm right
They gave him a lowball offer just like club is giving Jones. The club stuffed up by low balling it long term servants. They gave him no respect.

Where did he get together with Clarkson? To go to the 7th place team that got belted by Freo in the first 3 qtrs of an elimination final, chasing successes lol.

Melbourne F’ed up by letting McDonald go and lowballing Bruce, set the club back 5 years but I guess those long time Dees players are dogs and Cam Schwab with his hardline youth policy and lowballing leadership is the hero

They gave him a lowball offer just like club is giving Jones. The club stuffed up by low balling it long term servants. They gave him no respect.

Where did he get together with Clarkson? To go to the 7th place team that got belted by Freo in the first 3 qtrs of an elimination final, chasing successes lol.

Melbourne F’ed up by letting McDonald go and lowballing Bruce, set the club back 5 years but I guess those long time Dees players are dogs and Cam Schwab with his hardline youth policy and lowballing leadership is the hero

So you're changing your story now? LOL, Melbourne didn't discard him and he didn't get lowballed

Show me anywhere I stated that Cam Schwab was a hero? lol, just lol, now you're just trying to make s**t up because you know you're wrong.

Melbourne didn't discard Bruce, thanks for helping me prove that you were wrong :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

So you're changing your story now? LOL, Melbourne didn't discard him and he didn't get lowballed

Show me anywhere I stated that Cam Schwab was a hero? lol, just lol, now you're just trying to make s**t up because you know you're wrong.

Melbourne didn't discard Bruce, thanks for helping me prove that you were wrong :thumbsu: :thumbsu:
They lowballed him. Gave him a one year deal with a hefty pay cut. That is low balling. He wasn’t going to be one of the top 3 paid players at the club as you said. They shunned it in his face, thanks for 200 plus games, you can stay for one season on pittance.

But Cam leaving he’s a dog :thumbsu::thumbsu:

They lowballed him. Gave him a one year deal with a hefty pay cut. That is low balling. He wasn’t going to be one of the top 3 paid players at the club as you said. They shunned it in his face, thanks for 200 plus games, you can stay for one season on pittance.

But Cam leaving he’s a dog :thumbsu::thumbsu:

So he wasn't discarded lol

Culturally would not be good for melbourne to totally disrespect jones and let him leave due to $$$ after the loyalty he has shown over the years

He should be offered a min $400k x 2 year contract to stay a 1 club player and loyalty works both ways if thats what they are asking from their future stars

If the dollars mentioned are true its totally disgraceful from melbourne for such a player

He's been shithouse, apart from v Sydney this year. 300k is plenty for his actual output on field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back