Nathan Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed - we are crying out for a young KPF or ruckman if you can spare one of your fleet..?

Can't imagine we have either to offer. Hille and Ryder are going know where, we need Bellchambers as a backup and that leaves Bock :eek:

KPF we have 3, two are untried, Carlisle and Still and then there is Neagle. I'd be happy to off load Neagle but no doubt we'd have to offer something else to make it happen, most likely our second rounder.

Don't even bother asking about gumbleton/hurley.

Can't imagine we have either to offer. Hille and Ryder are going know where, we need Bellchambers as a backup and that leaves Bock :eek:

KPF we have 3, two are untried, Carlisle and Still and then there is Neagle. I'd be happy to off load Neagle but no doubt we'd have to offer something else to make it happen, most likely our second rounder.

Don't even bother asking about gumbleton/hurley.

So that leaves.. draft pick number 8.

I'll be gutted if he goes. Moreso than Junior. Arguably the toughest player we have aside from Moloney.

Maybe he does try to do too much with the footy at times, but that aspect of his game is becoming less and less. He's just starting to hit his straps as a hard inside ball winner and frankly we can't afford to let go another player with his experience. I also think he very well could have a role to play in a few years time.

Would GC be interested? 22yo. inside mid, ready to go and could play along side Swallow and Ablett (maybe) round 1. I guress it will depend on how they go with the rest of their uncontracted signings.

Would they offer P13 or P15, given they have so many picks.

Would GC be interested? 22yo. inside mid, ready to go and could play along side Swallow and Ablett (maybe) round 1. I guress it will depend on how they go with the rest of their uncontracted signings.

Would they offer P13 or P15, given they have so many picks.

Thats what Im hoping - might get us best available with 12 plus Lycett?

Or even better (which Ive said before) would be pick 7 (Gorringe or Lynch) and 20 (best available) for 12 (best available) and Jones (inside senior body with improvement left).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ordinarily, it probably would be. But this year it is very much a seller's market. If we were to contemplate trading Jonsey, we could definitely get over the odds for him. A speculative pick 30 something wouldn't get it done.

Not sure why you think it is a sellers market, the only side that would be prepared to offload early picks for a player of Jones quality is the GC?

The big dilema for Melbourne is that if Jones starts getting passed over for the young kids, you end up with a player that will lose his value very quickly and be worth a lot less in 12 months time.

If I was Melbourne I would take a gamble on Jones having a good year in 2011 and staying on. Andrew Swallow was able to work hard and become one of our most important midfielders and was in a similar position to Jones 2 years ago.

Why on earth would the dees want Brent Stanton or Alwyn bloody Davey?

We would only be interested in a select few bombers, mostly talls, or draft picks.
Carlisle, Melksham, pick 8.
They are the only realistic things I'd want.
We might need to give up more to get those things in the deal, but if they're not included, there is no reason to deal with Essendon.

A couple of Bombers posters on their board think A Davey is a better player than Jones.:cool: I laughed.;)

On Davey, can't see him at the Dees, they already have too many simlar types, Jetta, Bennell, Wonamerri and even Jurrah even though he is taller.

Oh, and if Jones ended up in the PSD I couldn't see the Eagles pass him up, far too valuable to ignor for free.

A couple of Bombers posters on their board think A Davey is a better player than Jones.:cool: I laughed.;)

On Davey, can't see him at the Dees, they already have too many simlar types, Jetta, Bennell, Wonamerri and even Jurrah even though he is taller.

Oh, and if Jones ended up in the PSD I couldn't see the Eagles pass him up, far too valuable to ignor for free.

Agree

I rate Jones higher that Davey.

Could nicely fit into our midfield.

Cant see A.Davey going to to melb - Too many players of his ilk.

Why on earth would the dees want Brent Stanton or Alwyn bloody Davey?

We would only be interested in a select few bombers, mostly talls, or draft picks.
Carlisle, Melksham, pick 8.
They are the only realistic things I'd want.
We might need to give up more to get those things in the deal, but if they're not included, there is no reason to deal with Essendon.

Heh, I lol'd.

Heh, I lol'd.

Poor wording maybe.

What I should have said is "the only things I'd realistically want".

In that, someone like Dempsey, Colyer, Myers or Zaharakis I might consider, but in the end I wouldn't want them, even if the deal was good for us.
Filler.

I know.
Tha'ts why I said we'd need to give up more to get a deal done.

But it also says something about the junk on your list.
I wouldn't want any of it, bar a handful of players.

Name any club in the league, and there's more than a handful of players Melbourne would take. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

And if a deal gets done, expect to be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back