Traded Nathan Kreuger [Traded to Collingwood with pick 55 for 41]

Remove this Banner Ad

If the Roos something like a small upgrade and still use the threat of preseason draft.
Roos could use Pick 22 to break the impasse with Richmond over the CCJ deal (although I don't see why the Tigers need anymore 2021 picks)

It's in the trade tracker on afl.com.au
That's updated by the journalists, it sometimes has errors and things in the wrong order.

The official thing is @AFL_House on twitter

Even the clubs sometimes put things out that aren't right, with a pick missing or two separate trades depicted as a three-way trade to make it look better.

Win for Collingwood if he doesn't crack the sads when they ask him to play down back. If club and player are really intent on him playing forward I don't think it will work.

We will find out whether it will work but he was drafted/traded as a forward----however such is your riches in attack for obvious reasons was overlooked and tried to be transitioned into a defender.

We will find out whether it will work but he was drafted/traded as a forward----however such is your riches in attack for obvious reasons was overlooked and tried to be transitioned into a defender.
Obviously this season our forward line was the strength, but in previous seasons it was anything but. You could argue Kreuger had a bad run with injuries but he was never really close to selection. I think he kicked 6 against a very poor Coburg side once but other than that never got it going at VFL level. Until he moved back and I was reasonably impressed with his AFL debut (second game not so much).

Obviously someone at Collingwood rates him to offer three years but I see a potential AFL quality defender, not a forward personally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, that's what Pure_Ownage suggested. Not sure that's in the best interest of the Pies, what about Pick 41 for your 2022 R3 and The National Park

Good suggestion. As i thought we wanted to shuffle up the order as we have limited list spots. Im disappointed to lose kreuger but good deal for both clubs. I think he will do well for collingwood and we do need key defenders but i can understand why he would rather play forward.

Oh well, good luck to him. We continue on our quest to collect all the mid-range picks in this draft.
Maybe looking for a swap with the Doggies number 17 - would that help get things moving with the Clark trade?

Good suggestion. As i thought we wanted to shuffle up the order as we have limited list spots. Im disappointed to lose kreuger but good deal for both clubs. I think he will do well for collingwood and we do need key defenders but i can understand why he would rather play forward.
Maybe we should shift attention to breaking the Lipinski and Clark trades after setting the Kreuger trade up!

Maybe we should shift attention to breaking the Lipinski and Clark trades after setting the Kreuger trade up!

Hope so! For both our club and yours. All the best to you guys-wright has conducted this deal really fairly.

Don't know what our plans are. I would rather take lots of mid range picks in this draft rather than trade up. If that meant delisting some older players fine. But I am not Geelong.

Those older players are contracted. We are trying to consolidate 2 lower picks into a higher pick as we are tight for list spots.

Don't know what our plans are. I would rather take lots of mid range picks in this draft rather than trade up. If that meant delisting some older players fine. But I am not Geelong.
We don't have the list spots. If we wanted to hit the draft hard in terms of numbers, we'd be better off waiting for next year because we'll likely have more retirements/delistings then and the slide will have well and truly set in.

This year we should be looking to either consolidate our draft hand by trading some of these mid-range selections into higher-end selections or to push them back to next year. We don't have a lot of free space on the list just yet and may even hold on to Clark and Fort, so at present there's not much opportunity for us to use the picks we have. We need to do something with them to extract value.

We don't have the list spots. If we wanted to hit the draft hard in terms of numbers, we'd be better off waiting for next year because we'll likely have more retirements/delistings then and the slide will have well and truly set in.

This year we should be looking to either consolidate our draft hand by trading some of these mid-range selections into higher-end selections or to push them back to next year. We don't have a lot of free space on the list just yet and may even hold on to Clark and Fort, so at present there's not much opportunity for us to use the picks we have. We need to do something with them to extract value.

This seems somewhat puzzling to me given that this crop of draftees have little exposed form or match play for the past two years. Pushing them back a year I get, but trading 2 for 1 or whatever this year I don't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back