Traded Nathan Kreuger [Traded to Collingwood with pick 55 for 41]

Remove this Banner Ad

Last time we traded in someone wanting to play up forward it worked out really well for us. Jeremy Howe.

Those older players are contracted. We are trying to consolidate 2 lower picks into a higher pick as we are tight for list spots.
We don't have the list spots. If we wanted to hit the draft hard in terms of numbers, we'd be better off waiting for next year because we'll likely have more retirements/delistings then and the slide will have well and truly set in.

This year we should be looking to either consolidate our draft hand by trading some of these mid-range selections into higher-end selections or to push them back to next year. We don't have a lot of free space on the list just yet and may even hold on to Clark and Fort, so at present there's not much opportunity for us to use the picks we have. We need to do something with them to extract value.
I think we have the list spots if we want them.

We don't have the list spots. If we wanted to hit the draft hard in terms of numbers, we'd be better off waiting for next year because we'll likely have more retirements/delistings then and the slide will have well and truly set in.

This year we should be looking to either consolidate our draft hand by trading some of these mid-range selections into higher-end selections or to push them back to next year. We don't have a lot of free space on the list just yet and may even hold on to Clark and Fort, so at present there's not much opportunity for us to use the picks we have. We need to do something with them to extract value.
Get on the phone to the Doggies
ask in pre-season, haha. Have a better idea.
He plays the 5 five games if he's fit - it will be based on form after that.

I think we have the list spots if we want them.

I dont think we do as the majority of the list is contracted and we arent delisting and paying out contracts (salary cap). Constable is about the only post trade week delisting that i can see. This is why we want to upgrade so we dont have more draft picks than list spots.

I dont think we do as the majority of the list is contracted and we arent delisting and paying out contracts (salary cap). Constable is about the only post trade week delisting that i can see. This is why we want to upgrade so we dont have more draft picks than list spots.
So Jenkins, Jarvis, Taheny, Kreuger, Fort and maybe Clark makes 5 or 6 spots. The senior list upgrades can be deferred a year. I see no trade ins confirmed yet. Not a lock but it's possible we can take a few

So Jenkins, Jarvis, Taheny, Kreuger, Fort and maybe Clark makes 5 or 6 spots. The senior list upgrades can be deferred a year. I see no trade ins confirmed yet. Not a lock but it's possible we can take a few

Partly depends on whether we elevate atkins and close or not. Also wells was pretty clear we wont trade fort unless we bring another ruck in (which takes a list spot unless we only add a ruck to the rookie list after the draft) so that takes away his list spot. I dont think we use more than 4 picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Partly depends on whether we elevate atkins and close or not. Also wells was pretty clear we wont trade fort unless we bring another ruck in (which takes a list spot unless we only add a ruck to the rookie list after the draft) so that takes away his list spot. I dont think we use more than 4 picks
Yeah, with 4 seconds currently the numbers match

Yeah, with 4 seconds currently the numbers match

Correct which is part of why i dont think we want a 5th R2 (clark trade) we either want a R1 or future picks for him.

More as he was Contracted then
Doubt it.
Speculative 3rd round draftee on 0 games is hardly going to garner more than the upgrade to 41 that he got us with 2 games.

Doubt it.
Speculative 3rd round draftee on 0 games is hardly going to garner more than the upgrade to 41 that he got us with 2 games.

Good Point though Cats might tried to Hold Out as he was under Contract Last Year and Cats said they wanted to keep him.

Would be more Valuable for Cats for him to stay last year then Trade Him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back