Traded Nathan Kreuger [Traded to Collingwood with pick 55 for 41]

Remove this Banner Ad

He has had a lot of interruptions with concussions and injuries but there have also been times where they could have given him a game. I like him but I think supporters rate him a hell of a lot higher than the club and it wouldn't surprise me personally if they delisted him at the end of the year.
I can't think of a time where he has had enough of a clean run of injuries that he could have played.

I can't think of a time where he has had enough of a clean run of injuries that he could have played.
Exactly this

In his first season he was named in then bests in the VFL once, and when asked to back it up the next week, he injured his knee and missed a period of time

He hurt his knee last summer over the pre-season which delayed his start to the year, and then just had the scratch matches to work off of. And even then his time was cut short due to a knee injury

He played in the VFL practice matches this year, but didn't play an official VFL game until round 6, missed a month with the enforced layoff due to covid in Vic and then lasted just half a game before a back injury

He looks the goods when out on the field, problem is getting a clear run to see if he can sustain the form and in turn make his senior debut

Exactly this

In his first season he was named in then bests in the VFL once, and when asked to back it up the next week, he injured his knee and missed a period of time

He hurt his knee last summer over the pre-season which delayed his start to the year, and then just had the scratch matches to work off of. And even then his time was cut short due to a knee injury

He played in the VFL practice matches this year, but didn't play an official VFL game until round 6, missed a month with the enforced layoff due to covid in Vic and then lasted just half a game before a back injury

He looks the goods when out on the field, problem is getting a clear run to see if he can sustain the form and in turn make his senior debut

Cool story, except when he was named an emergency a couple of times

Cool story, except when he was named an emergency a couple of times

And what's even better is that it's not just a cool story but it's one that's accurate - being named an emergency doesn't necessarily equate to one being named in the bests in the VFL

As it stands, he was was named just once in the bests and was then injured the next week. His first season was interrupted by injury and concussion, and while he was named an emergency it doesn't mean he was necessarily that close to a debut

3D2BC9D0-97BC-41EE-93BF-17D4147AFFA7.jpeg

Have a look at his form in the VFL - when was his form actually good enough and sustained over more than just 1 game to warrant senior selection? He had 1 good game against a team which finished towards the bottom end of the ladder & then got injured the next week

Cam Guthrie with 2 games under his belt was an emergency for the 2011 grand final - how much of a chance was he of actually playing?

Nick Stevens an emergency when we played Sydney this year, and we saw multiple youngsters named as emergencies last year - sometimes it's about those without a senior game gaining experience around preparation & what happens on a senior match day and being able to take that in

Why not take the opportunity where younger players can be in the rooms and experience those things prior to them actually making their debut

They do name kids emergencies that they don't intend to use some times. Run them through the game day process. There's always 2 carry over emergencies I believe.
Pretty sure we rotated Stephens, Evans, SDK, Jarvis, maybe even Taheny & Tarca through the emergency list last year

We love our Geelong defenders
Hamling, Gardner

I think you love them more than we do. Hamling was a victim of a lack of opportunity. Gardner ... I doubt he would be getting games if he was on our list.

Freddie is back in the side tomorrow ..just need to stay fit.

I think you love them more than we do. Hamling was a victim of a lack of opportunity. Gardner ... I doubt he would be getting games if he was on our list.

Freddie is back in the side tomorrow ..just need to stay fit.
Hope we have asked the Question about Kreuger I like the look of him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of Stephens, how's he been going in the VFL?

Yesterday the club posted some footage to social media of him kicking the ball at training - after hearing of him in the rehab group for most of the year that was a positive

Not sure if we'll see him in the VFL before the end of the season, but all going well he'll be right to go for the start of the pre-season

Kreuger to make his debut tomorrow. I doubt he is in the team come finals but given hendo is a year to year proposition theres a spot there for him long term if he performs.

Kreuger to make his debut tomorrow. I doubt he is in the team come finals but given hendo is a year to year proposition theres a spot there for him long term if he performs.

Not in a hurry to sign an extension... wants to see how it looks at years end..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back