Player Watch Nathan Kreuger

Remove this Banner Ad

Does he play as our FF round 1 next year?

If there is a time to trial with our forward set up it's early in the year.

Welcome Nathan Kreuger. A lot to like about getting him, smart work by the recruiting team.

I’m still trying to get my head around the language and type of player one gets these days:

Grundy says he’s a lover not a fighter
Moore reads literary criticism
Kreuger says “Fly” has a lot of love (or words to that effect)

It’s doing my head in I tell youse.
I'm with you. And I'd just like to point out that we haven't won a flag since the hugging craze swept through our hallowed halls.

True, but word is I believe we told him we want him to play up forward with cameron and checkers. And thats where he wants to play/feels where his best position is.

But he is the ultimate swingman, so either end, a win win.
So is Checkers.

Good luck to Nathan, but surely we all know he is not the link to us winning more.
I am quite certain we will be better than 17th next season, and I think Kreuger will play some games. So I think you're going to be proven wrong

The point that interests me with the Kreuger recruitment is that we chased him last year, then 12 months on, with a new Football boss/list manager & new coach, we still chased him.
So a range of opinions…all coming to the same conclusion…get Kreuger.
I like it.

He is not that good. Unfortunately we have no better option.
Give him a sustained period without injury playing in his preferred position after a solid preseason and judge him then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats your solution ? Whinge and judge him before he plays a game ?

He was behind Hawkins , Cameron and Ratugolea as tall forwards at geelong.
Under the circumstances he may have wished he'd accepted our offer last year.

Whats your solution ? Whinge and judge him before he plays a game ?

He was behind Hawkins , Cameron and Ratugolea as tall forwards at geelong.
Say what now?

Geelong played him as a defender, not as a forward, and even then he was struggling to get a game.

I hope he proves me wrong, but I can't see him doing much to improve us.

Say what now?

Geelong played him as a defender, not as a forward, and even then he was struggling to get a game.

I hope he proves me wrong, but I can't see him doing much to improve us.

Maybe because he couldn’t get a game in the forward line the cats tried him out of position in defence!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back