Player Watch Nathan Kreuger

Remove this Banner Ad

We actually don't know how good he has the potential to be, given he has never had the opportunity in his preferred role.
Fair point Jen.

Everyone on here loves a shiny new toy, which I understand, but he doesn't seem afl standard to me.

Hope I am wrong.

Yes I agree. And that is why he is not the solution for us.

Because he couldn’t get a game ahead of Hawkins Cameron and Ratugalea?

Get off your high horse. He’s an ideal candidate to target. Nobody is saying he’s an A grade recruit because we can5 afford them. But he suit# our list needs perfectly. Players leave for better opportunities every year.

Get off your high horse. He’s an ideal candidate to target. Nobody is saying he’s an A grade recruit because we can5 afford them. But he suit# our list needs perfectly. Players leave for better opportunities every year.
Ok I am off my "high horse", whatever you mean by that.

You are actually agreeing with me.

Rootagalah ain’t that great or consistent a player to be stuck behind. But I guess he does offer a bit of ruck flexibility which they need.

Hope he goes well.

Ok I am off my "high horse", whatever you mean by that.

You are actually agreeing with me.

No, I’m not agreeing with you. You say hes not AFL standard. I disagree with that. Just because you lack opportunities doesn’t automatically mean you aren’t AFL standard.

He will have more opportunities at a club like Collingwood who are crying out for key forwards ( and potentially key defenders in the medium term too for that matter). The club rates him enough to recruit him so I’ll take their judgment over yours. Nobody is expecting an A grader.

No we don’t need him to be Wayne Carey, another Checkers quality would be nice.
It's much more about providing another credible gaol kicking marking target to take some of the heat off Checkers actually.

That alone will probably get us across the line in a few more games next year by itself.

It's much more about providing another credible gaol kicking marking target to take some of the heat off Checkers actually.

That alone will probably get us across the line in a few more games next year by itself.
Indeed. That’s what I meant, not expecting a superstar but a good role player to compliment our forward line.

but he doesn't seem afl standard to me.

Based on what exactly?

He's had limited opportunities due to COVID, injury and two of the best forwards in the comp being ahead of him, and you're saying he "doesn't seem afl standard". He's still a kid, and a KPP. He's a piece of the puzzle, not the answer. We don't expect him to be a game breaker, but to be a capable tall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to tell too much from his highlights but he doesn’t appear to lack skill or desire so it’s either application or opportunity and a solid guess would be the latter considering Geelongs forward line.

and Getting Cotinued Games as sounds like he has a Tendacy to get Injured a bit and also Covid Stopping the VFL hurts as well

Fair point Jen.

Everyone on here loves a shiny new toy, which I understand, but he doesn't seem afl standard to me.

Hope I am wrong.
We're not recruiting him for next year. They obviously think he could develop into a quality player if things go right. I doubt many of us have seen enough of him to have much idea.

We're not recruiting him for next year. They obviously think he could develop into a quality player if things go right. I doubt many of us have seen enough of him to have much idea.
Nobody has between being 4th in line and his injuries.

Still athletic with good hands and a decent kick for goal apparently something to work with.

Fair point Jen.

Hope I am wrong.

Crisp
Roughead
Howe
Hoskin

All examples of lesser opportunity at their previous clubs or on the outer. Now a lock in our best 22.

You're acting like we have him on 700k a year

Great to see this young man get a go, after being starved for opportunity at Geelong. Looks like he has a lot of upside and is physically ready to play next year at 196cm and 95 kg good endurance ,very agile, good mark contested and uncontested ,capable of running 20 meters in 3.03 seconds and coupled with a fierce attack on the ball. The area of concern in his game is he can be hit and miss with his kicking and is to reckless when going for the ball, often injuring himself. Collingwood may have found a diamond in the rough. He is the type of player good coaches love to get hold of, to turn their career around, and get them to play to their best ability. Will be watching with keen interest how he develops at Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back