Player Watch Nathan Murphy

sr36

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
I do think brodie will get more time down back next year, especially if we dont bring in a backman like May and the fact dunn may miss the first few rounds next year. he should drop back and replace greenwood, with elliot up forward and reid playing down back until shaz recoveres.
Certainly not a fact. He's running already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mike123

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Murphy may be getting taller but he doesn't play like a key position player yet. I love his combination of spatial awareness, courage and footskills. He projects as a third tall or half back flanker to me.
So did Scharenberg but he adapted and was able to play as a key defender. I’m sure Murphy could do the same if required.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Collingwood
Murphy may be getting taller but he doesn't play like a key position player yet. I love his combination of spatial awareness, courage and footskills. He projects as a third tall or half back flanker to me.
I don't think they believe he'll be a KPP in that sense, but yes, like Sharenberg, he'll be able to play bigger at times (but not excel for an entire season) if required because of his athleticism.

sr36

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
I can't see his best position yet... but whilst that is a problem for others in the same boat, I think it's complimentary in his case.
I agree. Seems to have a fair few attributes that would make him suited to a variety of different roles. Could end up a forward, mid or defender. Could end up having aerial ability, inside distribution or outside distribution as his predominant strength. Get him watching James Hird videos - that's the player type that he reminds me the most of.

Top Bottom