Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JB1975

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 26, 2015
Elsewhere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Even though I'd much prefer to see players up and about after a win it's refreshing to hear some emotion from a player after a loss. Certainly can't say Murphy doesn't care about the club and outcome.

I've been a fan of Murphy's for a while, been hoping he'd get a decent run at it, but I think that this is the first time I've heard him speak.

He doesn't shy from the notion that a player who marks with the flight should exemplify the sort of effort every player should put in. It is something he does at VFL, and it will --along with his aggressive temperament-- cause him trouble from time to time, but our team as a whole will benefit from the example he sets.

Watching Murph won't make the sh*t sandwich of our season a pleasant experience, but these are the things which make it slightly easier to stomach.

stormskye

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
This is the stuff that has got us in trouble in the past...

No need to rush something like that - lets see (hope) he can string together a decent few months of footy first.

Was solid again today.
I’m worried many may try and jump ship! We need to lock the guys down with concrete shoes

barrackers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Murphy’s mark was the highlight of the day.

Very reminiscent of Riewoldt’s mark in 2004.
Riewoldt's mark (beaten by Sampi for mark of the year), which in turn references a mark by Jonathan Brown

Brown's mark (mark of the year 2002)

And for completeness Sam Walsh's (mark of the year 2020)

augie

All Australian
Feb 15, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Even though I'd much prefer to see players up and about after a win it's refreshing to hear some emotion from a player after a loss. Certainly can't say Murphy doesn't care about the club and outcome.

Gee that's impressive. Light on for cliches, heavy on the honest explanation of what we are doing wrong and what we need to change.

No SPIN

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Love his versatility - but not sure where his best position is - probably defensive wing.
But it’s a good problem to have.

Remove this Banner Ad