Player Watch Nathan Murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, so you said, and so I noted! :)
Doesn’t he look like an old style player in looks.
If he took a black and white photo you could think he’s from 1920s in look.

Unfortunately Collingwood supporters place no ceiling on their capacity to exaggerate and embellish the worth of a player. No way will Murphy achieve the growth spurt envisioned by many over the top believers in this thread.

Tsk, That’s just tall poppy syndrome!

:$

Pruning poppies and killing Bambis are my posting specialties. I don't have a whole lot more to offer other than undermining positive posts with negativity. :p
I like how positive you are in this post about posting.

Keep up the good work sir.

The lady on the right seems the better choice as she’s already in black and white dress up.
Speaking of black and white clothes,

In the James Bond movie Thunderball the main Bond lady, Domino, only ever wears black and white clothes (in keeping with her name Domino - which are black and white).

Speaking of black and white clothes,

In the James Bond movie Thunderball the main Bond lady, Domino, only ever wears black and white clothes (in keeping with her name Domino - which are black and white).

876e5282-8483-4348-a971-884ddb07f5b3.jpg

Touche Mr Cass.

Is that a spectre at your shoulder?
Perhaps in those days dominos were black and white.
Now they are even pizzas.

Nah, I'd have thought there's always been variety in the colours. I've got an old set at home that's green with white spots. Colours became more popular as dyes became more readily available but the base colour of the really old sets was dictated by the colour of the timber or stone or (if super opulent) ivory they were made from such as a light coloured ash timber with charcoal (burnt) spots. Black and white is common because of the availability of bone to use as the base and the ease of burning spots into them.

Nah, I'd have thought there's always been variety in the colours. I've got an old set at home that's green with white spots. Colours became more popular as dyes became more readily available but the base colour of the really old sets was dictated by the colour of the timber or stone or (if super opulent) ivory they were made from such as a light coloured ash timber with charcoal (burnt) spots. Black and white is common because of the availability of bone to use as the base and the ease of burning spots into them.
That’s fantastic information. Never knew that.

Though in the movie Thunderball the reason Domino alwYs wore black nad White was for the black white dominos.

Movies do make various errors. Eg Binoculars in movies / tv have that two circles meeting each other forming that Batman like pattern. But using binoculars you should get a nice circle to view things.

But the shape in movies is ofcourse to tell the viewer binoculars are being used.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s fantastic information. Never knew that.

Though in the movie Thunderball the reason Domino alwYs wore black nad White was for the black white dominos.

Movies do make various errors. Eg Binoculars in movies / tv have that two circles meeting each other forming that Batman like pattern. But using binoculars you should get a nice circle to view things.

But the shape in movies is ofcourse to tell the viewer binoculars are being used.

Hears a completely pointless anecdote about an error in Bond. They got the whole shaken and not stirred thing wrong. They were trying to show his 'refinement'. They thought that the 'discerning' way of having a martini was shaken, but actually it was stirred. Shaking was said to bruise the gin, which in reality is probably watering it down more, because shaking breaks up the ice a bit more.

Hears a completely pointless anecdote about an error in Bond. They got the whole shaken and not stirred thing wrong. They were trying to show his 'refinement'. They thought that the 'discerning' way of having a martini was shaken, but actually it was stirred. Shaking was said to bruise the gin, which in reality is probably watering it down more, because shaking breaks up the ice a bit more.
Very interesting point.
Maybe the great man just likes it that way?

Another pointless error was in Goldfinger when the great man says:

that won’t do, like listening to the Beatles without ear muffs.

The makers completely misjudged how incredible enormous the Beatles were going to be, ongoing, and how influential.

Murphy was in the front of the group when they set out on the time trial this morning.

I think he shrunk over Xmas.
He held back as five strides and he completes a lap.
Just pacing himself.

Rumours persist that it was in fact Murphy in a Cox mask who starred on preliminary final night.

Murphy couldn't be reached for comment because he's just to damn tall.

Rumours persist that it was in fact Murphy in a Cox mask who starred on preliminary final night.

Murphy couldn't be reached for comment because he's just to damn tall.
Cox played first half GF.
Masked up Murphy played second half.

It's believed this is part of the training video for the secretive stretching technique successfully deployed on de Goey and Murphy.

Collingwood overhauled it's program after the abysmal failure to lengthen Elijah Edwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back