Player Watch Nathan Murphy

SchuPie

Premiership Player
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Canucks
It's supposed to be a weakness. I don't think Murphy is very quick. But that's just off reports. I haven't seen heaps of him live to judge. SchuPie or other VFL watchers how would you rate him for leg speed?
Was going to say not quick but his loping style tends to get him to many contests
He will need to read the game better when on quicker opponents
He should play the Shaz role but he’s got extra height and reach

I did think his kicking was a bit of a knock as I’d seen him fob a few but think he was just going at it too hard as he can certainly give it a fair rake

It's supposed to be a weakness. I don't think Murphy is very quick. But that's just off reports. I haven't seen heaps of him live to judge. SchuPie or other VFL watchers how would you rate him for leg speed?
His legs move at about the same pace as the rest of his body when he runs. Wouldn’t say they’re exceptionally faster or slower than any other limb.

His legs move at about the same pace as the rest of his body when he runs. Wouldn’t say they’re exceptionally faster or slower than any other limb.
Excellent. What stopped me from being an AFL footballer is I've got really fast leg speed. I'd take off and after a few steps my legs would be in front and my head had fallen behind and was just dragging along the ground.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Obviously his back issues have cleared up if he was able to carry that back pack all the way along that trail. :thumbsu:

Assume they were resolved prior to him resuming at VFL level this year.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Looks bigger, better.... it’s going to be his great opportunity.

ClaytonM

Premiership Player
Jan 20, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
When you go one picture over, his legs look like twigs !
Don’t think it will matter how big his upper body gets, and it appears to how developed significantly, his arms and particularly legs will always look like matchsticks. Just the way he is built. All arms and legs.

ClaytonM

Premiership Player
Jan 20, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
I imagine many people wear sandals onto a plane. There is hardly a dress code attached to international flying.

I prefer thongs myself on long haul overseas flights. I'm not there for fashion, I'm only interested in comfort when stuck in a plane for hours on end. I'm not there to impress anyone. It's a glorified bus ride.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I prefer thongs myself on long haul overseas flights. I'm not there for fashion, I'm only interested in comfort when stuck in a plane for hours on end. I'm not there to impress anyone. It's a glorified bus ride.
Also makes life much easier when shoes have to be removed for immigration inspections.

And don't get me started on the aura around pilots. They're well paid bus drivers who only have to concentrate on the road for a few minutes in a journey.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
And don't get me started on the aura around pilots. They're well paid bus drivers who only have to concentrate on the road for a few minutes in a journey.
Unless you’re leaving Singapore and an engine goes bang....

or some birds go into the engine and the Hudson River seems like a nice river for a dip...

I imagine many people wear sandals onto a plane. There is hardly a dress code attached to international flying.
This is true. I'm wearing sandals on the plane this sunday, my flight is 10hrs. I like to take my shoes off on the plane.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yep, but bus drivers face a much larger number of dangerous issues that they have to navigate.
That’s right, like bridges in South Melbourne...

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sandals is ok.

its the ones that wear socks with sandals in public or even worse socks with thongs....

not court case, no jury, straight to jai for crimes against any sort of good taste.

surfer1

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2006
coogee
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
parramatta
If there is one bloke I hope has a breakout year it’s him. He teased us in 2018. I have a warm fuzzy feeling 2020 is the year of the Murf

Back