Player Watch Nathan Murphy

Had a shocking run of minor injuries so it's great to finally see him get another crack. Good luck to the kid.
If he gets another crack that could be career over.

Mike Olotripo

Club Legend
Nov 15, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Let's hope he puts his best foot forward and plays well.

He's had a wretched couple of years but it will be terrific to see him out there on Sunday.

Good to see his VFL form translate into a promising first half; obviously helped by playing in same position. Kicking was much the same as the VFL too unfortunately with a number of targets missed, but it's too much to expect a young player to change that in one week. Worth persisting with.

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
If he stays in the side he will only get better. I think he showed glimpses yesterday. Turned over the footy a couple of times, but hey so did our senior players. I hope Bucks sticks with him for a good 4-5 week block and see how he goes.
I thought he was one of the positives, I see him as part of our future makeup.

Jul 13, 2007
Elwood
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’ve seen a little bit of Murphy in the VFL when he’s played, since he’s missed so much football. Certain players actually play better in the higher standard AFL code and Murphy strikes me as one of those. He’s a natural half back flanker who can play on big or small and the thinking should be just play him all the time in the senior side. In fact I can’t work out why Murphy couldn’t get a game last year when you see someone like Madgen out there deemed ahead of him.

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not at all. He showed more attack in this one game than Mayne has in his Collingwood career
Mayne has been solid after reinventing himself, great Clubman and can’t question his attack on the ball, guy puts himself on the line every week.

Murphy needs games in him, not sure if Mayne will be on the list next year but can’t question his effort.

Aug 3, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Liverpool
Mayne has been solid after reinventing himself, great Clubman and can’t question his attack on the ball, guy puts himself on the line every week.

Murphy needs games in him, not sure if Mayne will be on the list next year but can’t question his effort.
Never question Mayne's effort. Just hate his skillset with ball in hand, and think the game has totally gone past him. With how bad we now are we have no space to carry someone who does no damage by foot.

I am a big Murphy admirer. Just needs an injury free run.
There's a bit to like, but athleticism is going to be a big issue. Just seems like another one in our long line of likeable NQRs who doesn't really fit any role, so we pop them on a wing.

Back