Player Watch Nathan Murphy (Retired)

Remove this Banner Ad

Even though I'd much prefer to see players up and about after a win it's refreshing to hear some emotion from a player after a loss. Certainly can't say Murphy doesn't care about the club and outcome.

Certainly can't say Murphy doesn't care about the club and outcome.

Great interview. Must admit I have been surprised by him and it was a gutsy mark. No doubting his effort.

I know Murph through cricket and he's a ripping kid. Great to see him getting a good run at it.

If he stays healthy, lock for best 22 for many years to come.

If he plays like this every week he'll be our next captain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even though I'd much prefer to see players up and about after a win it's refreshing to hear some emotion from a player after a loss. Certainly can't say Murphy doesn't care about the club and outcome.

I've been a fan of Murphy's for a while, been hoping he'd get a decent run at it, but I think that this is the first time I've heard him speak.

He doesn't shy from the notion that a player who marks with the flight should exemplify the sort of effort every player should put in. It is something he does at VFL, and it will --along with his aggressive temperament-- cause him trouble from time to time, but our team as a whole will benefit from the example he sets.

Watching Murph won't make the s**t sandwich of our season a pleasant experience, but these are the things which make it slightly easier to stomach.

This is the stuff that has got us in trouble in the past...

No need to rush something like that - lets see (hope) he can string together a decent few months of footy first.

Was solid again today.
I’m worried many may try and jump ship! We need to lock the guys down with concrete shoes

Murphy’s mark was the highlight of the day.

Very reminiscent of Riewoldt’s mark in 2004.
Riewoldt's mark (beaten by Sampi for mark of the year), which in turn references a mark by Jonathan Brown

Brown's mark (mark of the year 2002)

And for completeness Sam Walsh's (mark of the year 2020)

Gee that's impressive. Light on for cliches, heavy on the honest explanation of what we are doing wrong and what we need to change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back