Player Watch Nathan Murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

How good was that?!

Liked how acknowledged his effort and hoped it would inspire teammates

Didn't say "obviously" once - I think the sporting world is in shock
Yes I also liked the way he didn't dismiss his effort with some well worn cliché about just playing his role or helping out the boys but instead used the opportunity to promote his courage and its value to team performance. One of the most impressive interviews I have seen with one of our players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep really need to accelerate his development. Howe replacement in the future. Lock in the best 22. Even if he makes mistakes, give him the same backing we gave Maynard when he first started. No more Madgen.

I’ve never lost faith in this kid who without constant injuries over the last few years, I have no doubt would have
proven to be in our Top 10 players.
Let’s hope he stays fit because he has huge upside.

This year is the first time I've seen him live up to his early hype. Coming on well now

He needs more time. Hasn't shown enough to confirm he will be a constant in the side over the next decade, but showing some small tings every now and then. Needs another 5 games continuously to give a sense of what we have here.

I still see him as a defender, 'defensive wingman' is not something I am overly keen on

Happy to see him given opportunity at HF, wing, or HB over time. Very happy to see him stay on the wing for the immediate future though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back