Opinion Nathan Van Berlo: Midfield Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny then that Kelly said in comparison to other rebuilding lists we are doing well. They cant even lie straight
Maybe Kelly could explain on what metric we are "doing well" because I can't see a single one. Looking at Hawthorn's list and performance is a good comparison, we fail badly on field and list in comparison - and they are only one place above us on the ladder!

Last edited:
Maybe Kelly could explain on what metric we are "doing well" because I can't see a single one. Looking at Hawthorn's list and performance is a good comparison, we fail badly on and off field in comparison and their only one place above us on the ladder!
On Footy Classified last night they compared us to Hawks, they had only 1 first round pick playing I think, we had 5

Milera, Fog, Jones, McHenry, Thilthorpe, with Dawson traded for one. Mostly uninspiring.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Remember when we used to complain that we didn't have any first round picks? We now have enough to field half a side but they are all contributing very little to the side, especially in the midfield.

Milera
Fog
Jones
McHenry
Thilthorpe
Pedlar
McAsey
Cook
Doedee
Dawson (sort of as we spent a first rounder on hime)

Not counting Hately as we didn't need to give up a first rounder for him, though he was a first round pick.

There is no reason for a side with that many shots at the top 20 talents in the country to be so abject.

Based on?
To tell you the honest truth I zoned out a bit, he puts me to sleep, seems to be a problem listening to all our coaches and management. That and I can’t stand listening to bullshit.

But it was something like they have compared themselves to other rebuilding teams and they believe they are on par and ahead and plan on getting back to the top quicker than these teams.

To tell you the honest truth I zoned out a bit, he puts me to sleep, seems to be a problem listening to all our coaches and management. That and I can’t stand listening to bullshit.

But it was something like they have compared themselves to other rebuilding teams and they believe they are on par and ahead and plan on getting back to the top quicker than these teams.

Net Zero is the amount of transparency that comes out of this footy club

Our best two performances this year came when VB was unavailable.

If he was coaching against Richmond, there's no way Sloane gets moved forward.

The sooner we give this clown a DCM, the better.

How come Burns isn’t seated beside Nix? Reckon he’s gotten lippy and has been isolated to only concern himself with his line.

Wowee that press conference was awful.

Lamenting the loss of Mackay, Lynch and Talia and their experience.

He is clearly the main one pushing for Crouch in his midfield. Get the oldies back together!

We raved about our new coaches 2 years ago but VB was always the weak link.

We should be turning over at least 1 assistant coach every year.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

After he was selected for his return game against Suns in his final year, he banged on about how he and Talia were the leaders in defence. He’s obviously intelligence in certain areas, but he’s been cooked by the teachings of Neil Craig. Just a ducking idiot.

Still wouldn't surprise me if North get their s**t together before us. When your club is that bad, there is nowhere to hide from scrutiny. A purge is inevitable. Anyhow this thread is about VB so I'll leave it at that.

I was very unimpressed with VB's most recent presser, particularly that question where the journo asked how they stack up against Hawthorn and his response was something like "we don't compare ourselves to other clubs". That answer doesn't fly at all. Hawks are a club that are right next to us on the ladder, similar stage of a rebuild, of course it's fair to compare the two clubs.

At least it explains why we have been able to be so crap here and there but still know that everyone is brilliant and doing amazing work inside the 4 walls. Every week we walk out in the park and get compared to opposition. How can this just be ignored.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think the major problem is our of lack of game plan or incorrect game plan and playing individuals in the wrong spots.

Surely, a club can’t get all their first round picks wrong.

50% of all first round picks suck.

The key is not to never bust, that’s a given, but get more hits than the other clubs on average.

We bat a long way below par.

We would have been better trading our first round picks in 90% of cases

Strikingly reminiscent of the 5 year plan that we hit out of the park despite winning our first ever spoon.

Lol. Imagine, you of all people trying… I don’t even…

But yes, there’s plenty of disappointments in those 2 very good drafts.

We’ve got a few!

Yes but you said 50% did you not?

I count 6 in the 2018 draft which is 1/3rd or 33% and probably at most 3/4 in the 2019 draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back