Nathan Vardy & the Brayshaw jibe

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe they were simulating match day jabs that Gaff is getting?
Possibly!

Another of his teammates is a Brayshaw. Maybe they have that kind of relationship.
The point is you probably wouldn't say that kind of thing to someone you cared about but if you were a prick you might say it to someone on the opposition

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure Gaff receives worse on field so Vardy is just trying to make it as realistic as possible. How about Gaff comes out and says which teams are using it? Then I'm sure the media will not go after them but instead try and victimize WC like they always do when they're a good team

I'm sure Gaff receives worse on field so Vardy is just trying to make it as realistic as possible. How about Gaff comes out and says which teams are using it? Then I'm sure the media will not go after them but instead try and victimize WC like they always do when they're a good team
Vardy has form for this, he did something similar to Max Gawn a month ago after Liam Ryan’s hanger. He’s a bonehead

Just a bit of banter apparently and freo fans need to learn to have a "laugh".. or so i've been told
Go have a listen to the Eagles backchat podcast where Hamish was a guest. Has a jab at Gaff and his brother about the incident. If the players and family involved have moved to that stage then I don’t see why anyone else should have to be outraged on their behalf. Poor form from the social media department to let it go public (for this very reason) but I’m sure a lot worse gets said at all footy clubs that we don’t get to see..

Vardy has form for this, he did something similar to Max Gawn a month ago after Liam Ryan’s hanger. He’s a bonehead
Similar? How so? Bellchambers rubbed Puopolos head last week. The media laughed that off. Why double standards? Probably because as I said when WC is a good team they get victimized for every small thing, yet the same or very similar things from other teams are ignored

Similar? How so? Bellchambers rubbed Puopolos head last week. The media laughed that off. Why double standards? Probably because as I said when WC is a good team they get victimized for every small thing, yet the same or very similar things from other teams are ignored

Yeah but Poppy is so cute and little he just wanted to pat him.

Gee a story out of absolutely nothing.
The object of the exercise was to apply mental and physical pressure to a kick at goal. Every single game there is all sorts of stuff said to put players off, how about we start policing every comment of every player on the ground as well? Maybe introduce an extra official or two and call them something like on-field Speech Behaviourist Officers.
There is no disrespect whatsoever in this. In fact it's the exact opposite. The use of the name is because Vardy knows Gaff felt and feels terrible about that whole incident still and there is so much genuine remorse around the whole thing, that making him re-visit that in his mind is likely to put him off his goal kicking attempt. That's not disrespectful at all. Reminding a player of how terrible it was is the exact opposite in reality.
As for the Gawn thing, what a joke. He gets an open hand little push and a laugh after making an error. Do people not watch games and see what opposition players do to guys who stuff up or miss goals each week. Geeze sometimes it is so over the top I find it actually disgusting. The running into and bumping, pushing, screaming, pointing, laughing to rub it in and attempt to belittle the offender, sometimes by 2,3 or more players turning it into almost a melee just to rub it in. Do people just conveniently forget this happens almost every game? Vardy has done nothing like that.
I suggest it's time we start pointing the fingers at the players who really do go over the top, starting this week when anyone has a go at anyone missing a goal.

Last edited:
Completely different situations...

Gee a story out of absolutely nothing.
The object of the exercise was to apply mental and physical pressure to a kick at goal.

Lol. This is a common game played at training for a bit of laugh. Getting dizzy by spinning around with a ball above your head and try kick at goal. This is not goal kicking practice. They are not simulating match conditions.

Dress it up however you want though. Funny how some supporters cannot bring themselves to say anything negative about their club. They can do no wrong. Every club. Can't even bring themselves to say 'gee wish we hadn't done that' or 'wish the club didn't put that up'. Very strange.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back