Toast Nathan Vardy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you read what he had to say about his (non)relationship with the coaching staff here, its understandable. His papers were stamped that last season and he played like he knew it.
If a player thinks he might be traded or delisted one would think he would play his heart out to keep his spot. Vardy was crap the whole year.

Not often am I caught out but this word certainly did. So I looked it up...

Are you suggesting Vardy had the intelligence of a small genus of herbaceous flowering plant?
You need a better dictionary.
OLIGO- Few
NEURONES- Brain Nerve Cells

Vardy had a mass of injuries during his time at Geelong and when finally fit wasn't good enough despite his chances. He's had more chances at the Eagles because of injuries to NicNat, that is why they bought him. Varcoe was probably a better player under Scott than Bomber. He has not played any better at Collingwood than he did with us, it was great that he kicked the first goal of the game, like he did in 2011, a lot forget that he actually kicked the first two of the 2011 Grand Final and a critical and brilliant goal in the last quarter to ice the game for us. However he did miss that shot to draw the 2013 Prelim and it broke the Kennett curse for them.
Trav never had a possession in the final quarter yesterday the game was set up for a player like him and he went missing.

Last i checked i am allowed an opinion, and if i take offence to the comment which was sexist, i dont need to be told not to take offence.
Had i posted a sexist comment i am sure i would have received a holiday.

And by the way, how do you know that my comment was not meant in jest. Yes humour is not clear cut.

PC over and out.
Shut up. No one cares.

Last i checked i am allowed an opinion, and if i take offence to the comment which was sexist, i dont need to be told not to take offence.
Had i posted a sexist comment i am sure i would have received a holiday.

And by the way, how do you know that my comment was not meant in jest. Yes humour is not clear cut.

PC over and out.

For a start, its not sexist...it is, in fact, a truism...

Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) studies have made it possible for scientists to watch the rate at which the PFC matures, and have discovered the male brain doesn't fully develop until age 25. Meanwhile, women experience a maturity rate of 21 years-old......

And so you're allowed your opinion that a statement is sexist, even when that statement is one of fact, but frggr is not (even though that opinion IS a fact)...ironic you should raise political correctness!!

...anyway...@Stan The Caddy summed it up perfectly really.

Good job Stan....

If a player thinks he might be traded or delisted one would think he would play his heart out to keep his spot. Vardy was crap the whole year.
Look, you may criticize how he went about it. But maybe he was given s**t roles because they weren't interested in him. Or maybe he is the type of personality who needs encouragment, and got none because his papers were stamped.
It might not be that he simply sulked.

Whatever criticsm there is of his final year, the point is he was very valuable to the WCE as they went about winning a premiership.

McCarthy is about to go. Varcoe, Caddy. We are like a hospital who looks after the patient, and as soon as he gets better we send him off. lol

Or maybe we just don't take our longterm injured players seriously.

Look, you may criticize how he went about it. But maybe he was given s**t roles because they weren't interested in him. Or maybe he is the type of personality who needs encouragment, and got none because his papers were stamped.

Whatever criticsm there is of his final year, the point is he was very valuable to the WCE as they went about winning a premiership.

McCarthy is about to go. Varcoe, Caddy. We are like a hospital who looks after the patient, and as soon as he gets better we send him off. lol

People forget wce had Nic Nat, Petrie, well ahead of Petrie, let alone Lycett
We had Smith and Rhys, and he still chose to leave
And we rave on and on about buzza

Or maybe we were overly patient, and they finally moved on, got lucky with injuries, had a point to prove, and took opportunities

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or maybe we were overly patient, and they finally moved on, got lucky with injuries, had a point to prove, and took opportunities

What are people on about anyway. Vardy has turned out nothing more than just an average serviceable footballer.

There are plenty of AFL sides he wouldn’t get selected in around the competition.

I have no issues we let him go, he was on our list for what seven years and did nothing??

If Vardy couldn’t develop into a quality footballer because Chris Scott didn’t invite him to his house for dinner then his just a big rediculous sook Of a bloke and explains why he hasn’t become anything beyond a back up.

Congrats to Vardy.

Part of sport and life is being in the right place at the right time and then making the most of the chance you get when you get there.

He did that and made a great contribution on the day to fulfill his dream. Was huge in the last quarter when it was all on the line. Good for him.

The water that went under the bridge to get him there is what it is. Clubs are restricted in the numbers they can keep on the list, so have to make risk based assessments, as do players.

Pretty sure this is a win-win, and not much more analysis needs to be done than that.

So why was Scott not able to get the most out of him? And Varcoe too for that matter? Hmmm....

It happens in any workplace. You lead 50-100 people, some will get on board and need little direction or explanation, some will take extra work, some will choose to not listen and believe they are right, and some are just not up for it and plodding along.

Different workplace, different message, different outcome. Varcoe has been more than solid in his time at Collingwood, I think they just made a better offer when he was up for grabs. Vardy has made the very most of a second chance and opportunity, good luck to him.

Bit of over-analysis paralysis in this thread.....just for something different on Bigfooty o_O:drunk:

Well done to him, played well on the day, I'm happy for him but let's not forget, if NicNat hadn't blown his knee up again, he would have been in the WAFL.

Dare I say it that after 2 knee reco's and not playing in the premiership that NicNat may now be expendable to the Eagles? He is a franchise player on huge money that sells memberships and merchandise for them but he may not be the be all and end all for them anymore.

Lycett and Vardy seem to work well for them in tandem. Maybe they hang on to Lycett and shop NicNat around instead.

You assumed correctly.

Varcoe has done nothing at Collingwood to suggest he's been better since he left. His numbers are all basically the same.

Exactly, but typical of the grass is greener attitude, when he was here a lot of people bitched and whinged about his form yet when he leaves and produces EXACTLY the same level of performance all of a sudden he's a star and we never should have traded him :rolleyes:

Exactly, but typical of the grass is greener attitude, when he was here a lot of people bitched and whinged about his form yet when he leaves and produces EXACTLY the same level of performance all of a sudden he's a star and we never should have traded him :rolleyes:
The correct assertion may be that indeed Trav is a very effective and good player who was not well enough respected at Geelong.

His first 3Q in the GF were very high quality.
4th Q tackles only, but most people noticed his presence and impact in the GF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back