Traded Nathan Wilson [traded to Fremantle]

Remove this Banner Ad

Hackdorn.......Hmmm, basic facts wrong, that's a story I'd trust.

So again Crumpet Face shoots himself in the foot with dodgy reporting.....some things never change.

Wilson didnt get a gig at the State combine, so he'd be a smokey?
If you're talking about back when he joined the Giants, he joined as one of their 17 year olds so never did the combine stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

damo barrett saying wilson will be off to freo in the trade period
It's been discussed at length on the Freo board,
True:
Freo supporter growing up
Really close friends with Bennell
Wife's having a kid

Rumour:
Wife pushing the move back to Perth to have her and Nathan's families as a support group for the child
Having re-signed a number of blokes especially Kelly and Shiel GWS' TPP is bursting
Met with Ross and Fremantle management in round 19 when Fremantle went a played GWS
Wilson was pretty home sick in his first years at GWS

It's been discussed at length on the Freo board,
True:
Freo supporter growing up
Really close friends with Bennell
Wife's having a kid

Rumour:
Wife pushing the move back to Perth to have her and Nathan's families as a support group for the child
Having re-signed a number of blokes especially Kelly and Shiel GWS' TPP is bursting
Met with Ross and Fremantle management in round 19 when Fremantle went a played GWS
Wilson was pretty home sick in his first years at GWS
will be a good pick up for freo. trying to think who your main rebounders are now would he replace johnson?

will be a good pick up for freo. trying to think who your main rebounders are now would he replace johnson?
Johnson is our second KPD, hopefully replaced by Alex Pearce next year after a couple broken leg set backs.
Our Prime movers are Luke Ryan, Lachie Weller and in the 4 rounds before he did his shoulder Connor Blakely.
Most don't see either Weller or Blakely as long term defenders, so Wilson would allow at least one of them to move up the ground.

Thought he was awful in year's one and two and would be delisted as soon as his initial contract was up. Offered very little and was incredibly unpredictable with ball in hand. But he's turned into a very valuable player for us. Has developed into a reliable user by foot and can always count on him to do a good job defensively. The type of player that isn't often noticed, but all good teams have (aka; Like Brown at Adelaide). Hope we don't lose him as I'd like to keep as many inaugural players around for as long as possible, but the reasons seem fair. Would have a great opportunity to set himself and his family up for life back in WA, so would more than happy for the club to get a mutually beneficial deal done, should he request it :thumbsu:

has signed with Freo.
Wife back home he will follow.
Salary cap relief for GWS.

Had an absolute mare of a finals series but I do rate him, capable of playing the rebounding and shut down roles.

How could Fremantle possibly get this deal over the line? Pick 5 far overs, no second round pick, Giants don't have a first to downgrade to and no expendable players with significant value.

I assume he's worth more than a 2018 2nd rounder?

Had an absolute mare of a finals series but I do rate him, capable of playing the rebounding and shut down roles.

How could Fremantle possibly get this deal over the line? Pick 5 far overs, no second round pick, Giants don't have a first to downgrade to and no expendable players with significant value.

I assume he's worth more than a 2018 2nd rounder?

Pick 5 and Wilson for GWS future 1st? Yeah nah that won't happen.

No idea how it gets done unless many other jigsaw pieces give us some leverage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back